Did You Know?
London’s higher education institutions, government offices, financial service firms, contact centres and many corporate offices make up a large component of our economic base. London enjoys a solid reputation in this sector for well-educated and experienced talent that appreciates the affordability, safety and a good work/life balance.
London’s financial sector breaks away from tradition with new technologies and innovative approaches to client services.
- Companies have tested a variety of new finance products in London including ABM Machines and Freedom 55 products
- There are a number of professional associations in London, including IABC London, HRPLD, Junior Chamber International, London Chamber of Commerce, and the London Executive Association
Education, Research & Development
- Ivey Business School offers an Honours in Business Administration (HBA) and a Masters in Business Administration (HBA) program, being the only case-based program in Canada. Employing over 300 cases a year, students use an action-oriented and dynamic approach that mirrors the challenges and complexities of real-world business
- Western Continuing Studies offers flexible, creative and innovative programs that are developed in collaboration with Western faculties, professional associations and corporate partners, to provide you with the tools you need to develop your career and enrich your life, whether you work full-time, part-time, in London or abroad
- Fanshawe College’s Corporate Training Solutions (CTS) specializes in industry-focused training solutions that equip employees with the knowledge, skills and expertise needed to succeed in their day-to-day work, to advance in their careers and to build organizational capacity
- The Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) drives the development of Ontario's economy by helping create new jobs, products, services, technologies, and businesses. OCE supports and invests in early-stage projects, where the probability total return on innovation are substantial. Their efforts are focused on sectors with the greatest potential to drive Ontario's prosperity, including advanced health technologies, information, communications technologies, and digital media
Referring to London as the “land of opportunity” for start-ups,
HRdownloads acknowledges that new companies are hard-pressed to find a more accommodating city with such a high level of skilled talent. The LEDC has helped the company get connected to London’s workforce, as well as raise their profile in larger markets through marketing support. Click here to view the full case study.
London has been incredibility good to us. It has a competitive cost structure advantage and a wonderful pool of talented people that make is a preferred location to operate a business.Dave Johnston, President and Chief Operating Officer, Canada, Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life
June 20, 2017Trans Capital Air Ltd. donates "Dash 7' to Fanshawe's aviation programs
Students at Fanshawe’s Norton Wolf School of Aviation Technology will have a surprise gift waiting for their return come September. Article by: AM980, June 19, 2017.
June 20, 2017China Angels Mentorship Program (CAMP) 2017
The China Angels Mentorship Program (CAMP), a joint initiative of Ontario Centres of Excellence and the China Canada Angels Alliance (CCAA), is a virtual incubation program designed to create value for early-stage companies looking to enter the Chinese market. Applications are being accepted until September 1, 2017.
June 19, 2017Enabling Accessibility in Workplaces and Communities - Call for Proposals
Enabling accessibility fund can help organizations improve infrastructure in communities. The Government of Canada is accepting proposals until July 26, 2017.