Did You Know?
London’s higher education institutions, government offices, financial service firms, contact centres and many corporate offices make up a large component of our economic base. London enjoys a solid reputation in this sector for well-educated and experienced talent that appreciates the affordability, safety and a good work/life balance.
London’s financial sector breaks away from tradition with new technologies and innovative approaches to client services.
- Companies have tested a variety of new finance products in London including ABM Machines and Freedom 55 products
- There are a number of professional associations in London, including IABC London, HRPLD, Junior Chamber International, London Chamber of Commerce, and the London Executive Association
Education, Research & Development
- Ivey Business School offers an Honours in Business Administration (HBA) and a Masters in Business Administration (HBA) program, being the only case-based program in Canada. Employing over 300 cases a year, students use an action-oriented and dynamic approach that mirrors the challenges and complexities of real-world business
- Western Continuing Studies offers flexible, creative and innovative programs that are developed in collaboration with Western faculties, professional associations and corporate partners, to provide you with the tools you need to develop your career and enrich your life, whether you work full-time, part-time, in London or abroad
- Fanshawe College’s Corporate Training Solutions (CTS) specializes in industry-focused training solutions that equip employees with the knowledge, skills and expertise needed to succeed in their day-to-day work, to advance in their careers and to build organizational capacity
- The Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) drives the development of Ontario's economy by helping create new jobs, products, services, technologies, and businesses. OCE supports and invests in early-stage projects, where the probability total return on innovation are substantial. Their efforts are focused on sectors with the greatest potential to drive Ontario's prosperity, including advanced health technologies, information, communications technologies, and digital media
Referring to London as the “land of opportunity” for start-ups,
HRdownloads acknowledges that new companies are hard-pressed to find a more accommodating city with such a high level of skilled talent. The LEDC has helped the company get connected to London’s workforce, as well as raise their profile in larger markets through marketing support. Click here to view the full case study.
London has been incredibility good to us. It has a competitive cost structure advantage and a wonderful pool of talented people that make it a preferred location to operate a business.Dave Johnston, President and Chief Operating Officer, Canada, Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life
August 23, 2017 | 9:15am
This session will explore the psychology around human relations and communication, and will provide participants with 6 strategies to utilize in their day to day communications with their prospects, clients, and coworkers.
September 19, 2017 | 8:00am - 10:00am
This workshop will give you insight into your organization's culture with tools on how to measure it and improve it. Don't miss this practical time with London's own Terry Gillis on this now critical organizational performance topic.
September 19, 2017 | 8:30am - 4:00pm
In this workshop, participants will learn how to create a full-cycle recruitment process: starting from writing job descriptions, creating effective job postings, screening, interviewing, selecting the right candidates, providing hire letters, all the way to onboarding the new employees.
August 11, 2017Homegrown chain still growing
Tepperman’s: Expanding furniture retailer’s success tied to its focus on local market, says Ivey school prof. Article by: Norman De Bono, London Free Press, August 11, 2017.
July 26, 2017Western adding two new buildings
Western's adding two new buildings to campus – one for collaboration on neuroscience and brain research, and another to help accommodate an expected increase in engineering students. Article by: Richard Raycraft, CHRW Radio, July 26, 2017.
July 24, 2017Sunwing offers new flight service from London to Cayo Coco, Cuba
Sunwing is pleased to announce a new flight service to the popular destination of Cayo Coco, Cuba from London, Ontario commencing this winter.