Did You Know?
London, Canada is a city for entrepreneurs, with a strong support network led by leaders from small business, economic development, and the entrepreneur community across London and Southwestern Ontario.
The LEDC helps high growth entrepreneurs to raise and find funding, hire and develop talent, expand their markets, and locate business development opportunities.
In London, there's a no-wrong-door approach for entrepreneurs seeking support. Read below to see who can help based on what stage of business you're at, and visit this collaborative website, findyouranswers.biz, for even more.
Results Based Programs
- Development & Training: Discover business workshops and training in areas such as talent, development, marketing, business planning, and strategy.
- Mentorship: London has a strong network of seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals that can help guide you to the next stage in your venture. Discover local programs that can connect you to mentors.
- Funding: From small business banking loans to venture capitalists and angel funding, several partners have come together to make it easier for businesses to access capital. Find sources of funding for your growing business.
- Space & Incubation: Starting your own business, or expanding to a larger facility? From small commercial kitchens, hot desks and co-working space, to downtown offices or industrial buildings, our team can help you locate the right space for scaling up your business.
- BizPal: Helps you find the permits and licenses you may require when starting or operating your business.
Accelerate on Instagram
The London & Area Works job fair is fast approaching! If you're an employer in London or the region, promote your open positions to regional talent on September 24. Learn more at ➡️ ➡️ ➡️ londonareaworks.eventbrite.com . . . . . . #jobs #ldnont #Ldnontjobs #tech jobs #manufacturing #tech #technology #food #beverages #health #services #londonontario #londoncan #hiring #growing
- Junior Achievement London and District are inspiring students and preparing them to succeed in a global economy.
- LEAP Junction is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Fanshawe College, helping students take the leap into entrepreneurship.
- London Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based, volunteer-driven organization whose mission is to lead and serve the London Business community.
- Pillar Nonprofit Network is strengthening the impact of the nonprofit sector by connecting nonprofit, business and government organizations.
- Propel Entrepreneurship is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Western University, providing co-working space, funding, mentorship and training programs for startups at all stages of growth.
- Service London Business helps to provide valuable information, resources, and requirements that are specific to your business. Use the BizPal online process to find the permits that you need.
- From concept, through start-up and early growth stages of business, the Small Business Centre is a one-stop source for information, guidance, and professional advice on starting and running a successful business.
- Société Économique de l’Ontario (SÉO) engages all of the Francophone and bilingual community's stakeholders to foster economic development, entrepreneurship, employability, and immigration.
- Southwestern Ontario Angel Group (SWOAG) facilitates the introduction of entrepreneurs to potential investors.
- TechAlliance is helping entrepreneurs start and grow their tech-based businesses through connecting them to valuable expertise, seed funding, educational programs, industry-specific events, and a comprehensive membership program.
- The RH Accelerator exists for one purpose - helping business owners, founders and the teams in early stage companies achieve their dreams. We have a core group of founders, extensive network of mentors and investors. Combined with physical space, we are ideally set up to help companies achieve the next level. We are operated by business owners who have succeeded. We invest in the next generation of companies and only profit when our companies succeed.
Testimonial: Toboggan Brewing Company
If you really want to be an entrepreneur, costs are lower in comparison to other cities and this city offers a great lifestyle that has everything you need. - Mike Smith, Owner, Toboggan Brewing Company
August 20, 2019 | 11:30AM - 1:00PM
Join this motivated group of entrepreneurs who enjoy supporting each other in business through collaboration. This luncheon is for anyone passionate about entrepreneurship, and business networking.
August 20, 2019 | 1:00PM - 5:00PM
To help local organizations ensure they are ready and well-positioned to receive investment, Pillar is excited to convene our network of social finance funds, service providers, and support organizations who help advise and invest in social purpose organizations to join us for an interactive workshop.
August 20, 2019 | 7:00PM - 9:00PM
StartUp Drinks is a low-key monthly event for the London and area startup community. Join us at Toboggan from 7-9pm to make connections and relax a little. Talk through new projects, ideas, funding, and technology… or just shoot the breeze with other local entrepreneurs! It’s networking without the name tags.
August 15, 2019New Online Training courses help consumers achieve Zero Waste in their clothes closet, while also protecting their budgets and the environment
Learn more about the Jackson Sewing Academy, an online learning site launched this past July.
August 09, 2019Feds announce $4.2M for women-led businesses in southwestern Ontario, and provincial network
Minister Marie Ng was in London on Friday, announcing a total of $4.2 million dollars in funding for the Women of Ontario Social Entreprise Network and seven women-led businesses in southwestern Ontario. Article by: Liny Lamberink, CBC News London, August 9, 2019.
August 06, 2019DC519 - Maureen Harrison, 2A3 Group
At our inagural Digital Creative 519 Conference (DC519), we asked local business owners to tell us how they've scaled up their companies. Hear from Maureen Harrison, Owner of 2A3 Group.