Did You Know?
London, Canada is a city for entrepreneurs, with a strong support network led by leaders from small business, economic development, and the entrepreneur community across London and Southwestern Ontario.
The LEDC helps high growth entrepreneurs to raise and find funding, hire and develop talent, expand their markets, and locate business development opportunities.
Results Based Programs
- Development & Training: Discover business workshops and training in areas such as talent, development, marketing, business planning, and strategy.
- Mentorship: London has a strong network of seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals that can help guide you to the next stage in your venture. Discover local programs that can connect you to mentors.
- Funding: From small business banking loans to venture capitalists and angel funding, several partners have come together to make it easier for businesses to access capital. Find sources of funding for your growing business.
- Space & Incubation: Starting your own business, or expanding to a larger facility? From small commercial kitchens, hot desks and co-working space, to downtown offices or industrial buildings, our team can help you locate the right space for scaling up your business.
- BizPal: Helps you find the permits and licenses you may require when starting or operating your business.
Accelerate on Instagram
Winner winner! ⭐ LEDC is thrilled to receive three recognitions from @hermes_awards for: ⭐London Magazine (Platinum), ⭐ @forkedriver video (Gold), ⭐2018 Activity Update (Honorable Mention) Thanks to our local partners that helped work on these projects with us: @lashbrook_pr, @webisodes_, & Blue Aardvark design . . . . . #win #winner #recognition #award #awardwinning #projects #design #contentcreation #writing #editing #magazine #publication #video #videography #photography #graphicdesign
- Junior Achievement London and District are inspiring students and preparing them to succeed in a global economy.
- LEAP Junction is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Fanshawe College, helping students take the leap into entrepreneurship.
- London Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based, volunteer-driven organization whose mission is to lead and serve the London Business community.
- Pillar Nonprofit Network is strengthening the impact of the nonprofit sector by connecting nonprofit, business and government organizations.
- Propel Entrepreneurship is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Western University, providing co-working space, funding, mentorship and training programs for startups at all stages of growth.
- Service London Business helps to provide valuable information, resources, and requirements that are specific to your business. Use the BizPal online process to find the permits that you need.
- From concept, through start-up and early growth stages of business, the Small Business Centre is a one-stop source for information, guidance, and professional advice on starting and running a successful business.
- Société Économique de l’Ontario (SÉO) engages all of the Francophone and bilingual community's stakeholders to foster economic development, entrepreneurship, employability, and immigration.
- Southwestern Ontario Angel Group (SWOAG) facilitates the introduction of entrepreneurs to potential investors.
- TechAlliance is helping entrepreneurs start and grow their tech-based businesses through connecting them to valuable expertise, seed funding, educational programs, industry-specific events, and a comprehensive membership program.
Testimonial: Toboggan Brewing Company
If you really want to be an entrepreneur, costs are lower in comparison to other cities and this city offers a great lifestyle that has everything you need. - Mike Smith, Owner, Toboggan Brewing Company
April 18, 2019 | 2:00PM - 3:30PM
With a range of programs and services tailored to meet your needs, the London Small Business Centre can help you start and grow your business. Attend this free, 90-minute seminar for a full overview of programs and services, and key business start up information.
April 23, 2019 | 5:30PM - 7:30PM
Join us at The Wave on Tuesday, April 23 from 5:30 to 7:00 PM, as we celebrate the graduation of our January 2019 Western Accelerator cohort. Our entrepreneurs are excited to network with you and share their growth, insights and the milestones they achieved over the past 4 months!
April 24, 2019 | 5:30PM - 7:30PM
The Think Business Series is comprised of four (two hour) sessions that serve as guidance in developing a business plan. This includes market research, marketing and sales, financials, operations and start up costs.
April 17, 2019Made Right Here: Christina Tischler Jewelry
Christina Tischler took a jewelry-making hobby and turned it into a prosperous business. Video by: Marek Sutherland, CTV News London, April 17, 2019.
April 17, 2019TechAlliance announces the 2019 Techcellence Award winners
On Thursday, April 11, TechAlliance recognized the best of our region’s tech sector with our annual Techcellence Awards Celebration & Mixer.
April 14, 2019Dot Health digitizes your health records for streamlining your doctor visits [App of the Week]
The app also provides contextual information to make it easier to understand your records. Prescription data through Dot Health is available in London at participating Shoppers locations. Article by: Brad Bennett, MobileSyrup, April 14, 2019.