Did You Know?
London, Canada is a city for entrepreneurs, with a strong support network led by leaders from small business, economic development, and the entrepreneur community across London and Southwestern Ontario.
The LEDC helps high growth entrepreneurs to raise and find funding, hire and develop talent, expand their markets, and locate business development opportunities.
In London, there's a no-wrong-door approach for entrepreneurs seeking support. Read below to see who can help based on what stage of business you're at, and visit this collaborative website, findyouranswers.biz, for even more.
Results Based Programs
- Development & Training: Discover business workshops and training in areas such as talent, development, marketing, business planning, and strategy.
- Mentorship: London has a strong network of seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals that can help guide you to the next stage in your venture. Discover local programs that can connect you to mentors.
- Funding: From small business banking loans to venture capitalists and angel funding, several partners have come together to make it easier for businesses to access capital. Find sources of funding for your growing business.
- Space & Incubation: Starting your own business, or expanding to a larger facility? From small commercial kitchens, hot desks and co-working space, to downtown offices or industrial buildings, our team can help you locate the right space for scaling up your business.
- BizPal: Helps you find the permits and licenses you may require when starting or operating your business.
Accelerate on Instagram
Do you love chocolates? 🍫 @forratschocolatelounge started a non-profit initiative to feed families in need, in London, with the proceeds from Raspberry Velvet Chocolates. Check out their page for more information to get involved and support local families! #LdnOnt #ForratsChocolateLounge #ForratsFeedsFamilies #Community #FeedingFamilies #LondonFood
- Junior Achievement London and District are inspiring students and preparing them to succeed in a global economy.
- LEAP Junction is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Fanshawe College, helping students take the leap into entrepreneurship.
- London Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based, volunteer-driven organization whose mission is to lead and serve the London Business community.
- Pillar Nonprofit Network is strengthening the impact of the nonprofit sector by connecting nonprofit, business and government organizations.
- Propel Entrepreneurship is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Western University, providing co-working space, funding, mentorship and training programs for startups at all stages of growth.
- Service London Business helps to provide valuable information, resources, and requirements that are specific to your business. Use the BizPal online process to find the permits that you need.
- From concept, through start-up and early growth stages of business, the Small Business Centre is a one-stop source for information, guidance, and professional advice on starting and running a successful business.
- Société Économique de l’Ontario (SÉO) engages all of the Francophone and bilingual community's stakeholders to foster economic development, entrepreneurship, employability, and immigration.
- Southwestern Ontario Angel Group (SWOAG) facilitates the introduction of entrepreneurs to potential investors.
- TechAlliance is helping entrepreneurs start and grow their tech-based businesses through connecting them to valuable expertise, seed funding, educational programs, industry-specific events, and a comprehensive membership program.
- The RH Accelerator exists for one purpose - helping business owners, founders and the teams in early stage companies achieve their dreams. We have a core group of founders, extensive network of mentors and investors. Combined with physical space, we are ideally set up to help companies achieve the next level. We are operated by business owners who have succeeded. We invest in the next generation of companies and only profit when our companies succeed.
Testimonial: Booch Organic Kombucha
London's community has shown excitement and incredible support for our organizations (Booch, Nuts for Cheese, Pulp and Press) because these innovative products are being produced in their backyard; people want to support something made locally. London has always been there since day one.Shannon Kamins, Owner and Master Fermenter, Booch Organic Kombucha
July 9, 2020 | 1:00 PM
To lead others effectively starts with leading yourself, how a strong inner game, resilient mindset, and focus on the mission will help you survive and thrive in a crisis.
July 9, 2020 | 2:30 - 3:30 pm
Join Tony Valle, Ivey alumnus and Entrepreneur-in-Residence (EIR), in this webcast session to gain insights about the past, present and future of entrepreneurial franchising.
July 9, 2020 | 6:30 PM
Presenting a pitch to investors is a unique presentation challenge. In this session we will work through best practices needed to improve your chance of getting funded.
July 08, 2020The Recovery Activation Program
Part of the Toronto Region Board of Trade’s Reimagining Recovery Framework, the Recovery Activation Program (RAP) is an immersive online workshop program that connects businesses with industry experts for guidance, mentorship and practical advice about process modernization and end-to-end digital transformation. Article by: The Recovery Activation Program
July 07, 2020South London seems 'perfect' for second location of espresso cafe
Owner Jill Wright wants to bring that same community vibe to south London, opening Locomotive Espresso’s second location Tuesday, a 40-seat café at Ridout and Chester streets. Article by: Norman De Bono, The London Free Press
July 06, 2020Home Sales Rebound in June
London, ON - After two consecutive months of sharp declines caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, local home sales saw a strong rebound in June. The London and St. Thomas Association of REALTORS® reported that 1,188 homes exchanged hands last month in its jurisdiction, up 13.8% from June 2019 and 11.7% more than two years ago. (LSTAR, News Release)