Did You Know?
London, Canada is a city for entrepreneurs, with a strong support network led by leaders from small business, economic development, and the entrepreneur community across London and Southwestern Ontario.
The LEDC helps high growth entrepreneurs to raise and find funding, hire and develop talent, expand their markets, and locate business development opportunities.
In London, there's a no-wrong-door approach for entrepreneurs seeking support. Read below to see who can help based on what stage of business you're at, and visit this collaborative website, findyouranswers.biz, for even more.
Results Based Programs
- Development & Training: Discover business workshops and training in areas such as talent, development, marketing, business planning, and strategy.
- Mentorship: London has a strong network of seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals that can help guide you to the next stage in your venture. Discover local programs that can connect you to mentors.
- Funding: From small business banking loans to venture capitalists and angel funding, several partners have come together to make it easier for businesses to access capital. Find sources of funding for your growing business.
- Space & Incubation: Starting your own business, or expanding to a larger facility? From small commercial kitchens, hot desks and co-working space, to downtown offices or industrial buildings, our team can help you locate the right space for scaling up your business.
- BizPal: Helps you find the permits and licenses you may require when starting or operating your business.
Accelerate on Instagram
A great morning with great people 🙌 This morning @ldnontchamber's marketing committee members - Derek from @lcpcanada and Rachael from LEDC - facilitated a workshop with chamber members on social media best practices. Needless to say a group photo was a great way to wrap up the event! Thanks to everyone that attended 👏 . . . . . #socialmedia #workshop #ldnont chamber #ldnont #marketing #digitalmarketing
- Junior Achievement London and District are inspiring students and preparing them to succeed in a global economy.
- LEAP Junction is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Fanshawe College, helping students take the leap into entrepreneurship.
- London Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based, volunteer-driven organization whose mission is to lead and serve the London Business community.
- Pillar Nonprofit Network is strengthening the impact of the nonprofit sector by connecting nonprofit, business and government organizations.
- Propel Entrepreneurship is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Western University, providing co-working space, funding, mentorship and training programs for startups at all stages of growth.
- Service London Business helps to provide valuable information, resources, and requirements that are specific to your business. Use the BizPal online process to find the permits that you need.
- From concept, through start-up and early growth stages of business, the Small Business Centre is a one-stop source for information, guidance, and professional advice on starting and running a successful business.
- Société Économique de l’Ontario (SÉO) engages all of the Francophone and bilingual community's stakeholders to foster economic development, entrepreneurship, employability, and immigration.
- Southwestern Ontario Angel Group (SWOAG) facilitates the introduction of entrepreneurs to potential investors.
- TechAlliance is helping entrepreneurs start and grow their tech-based businesses through connecting them to valuable expertise, seed funding, educational programs, industry-specific events, and a comprehensive membership program.
- The RH Accelerator exists for one purpose - helping business owners, founders and the teams in early stage companies achieve their dreams. We have a core group of founders, extensive network of mentors and investors. Combined with physical space, we are ideally set up to help companies achieve the next level. We are operated by business owners who have succeeded. We invest in the next generation of companies and only profit when our companies succeed.
Testimonial: Booch Organic Kombucha
London's community has shown excitement and incredible support for our organizations (Booch, Nuts for Cheese, Pulp and Press) because these innovative products are being produced in their backyard; people want to support something made locally. London has always been there since day one.Shannon Kamins, Owner and Master Fermenter, Booch Organic Kombucha
December 9, 2019 | 4:00PM - 5:00PM
What is your social good goal? Discover a world of opportunities with nonprofits and social enterprises, and learn how you can develop transferable skills, enhance your career prospects and network through volunteering and board leadership opportunities.
December 10, 2019 | 7:00PM - 9:00PM
Demo Day is a showcase of the 7 companies who have gone through the Western Accelerator over the past 4 months. We want to give you an opportunity to meet each company to see where they are in the growth of their business.
December 11, 2019 | 9:15AM - 12:15PM
Have a great idea for a food business? Want to learn how to turn your winning recipe into a successful venture? Then you need to attend this 3 hour seminar delivered by SBC London and LEDC which will provide an overview of the things you need to know when starting a food business.
December 05, 2019The Local Edge
Through the years, the movement 'buy local' has gained momentum, but what does it really mean? With holiday shopping now in full swing, three women tell their stories of local entrepreneurism and what buying local means to them. Article by: Shauna Rae, Business London Magazine, December Issue.
November 29, 2019PA Shop rebrands as Music City Canada
Earlier this week, London-based PA shop announced it is assembling its various vertical businesses under a new brand. The PA Shop, London Guitars, London Percussion and Charterhouse Studios will now be Music City Canada. Article by: London Inc. Magazine, November 29, 2019.
November 25, 2019London & Area Works: Given Shop
A St. Thomas business owner thanks the local community that has allowed her to expand. Celine Zadorsky has more. Video by: CTV News London, November 25, 2019.