Did You Know?
London, Canada is a city for entrepreneurs, with a strong support network led by leaders from small business, economic development, and the entrepreneur community across London and Southwestern Ontario.
The LEDC helps high growth entrepreneurs to raise and find funding, hire and develop talent, expand their markets, and locate business development opportunities.
In London, there's a no-wrong-door approach for entrepreneurs seeking support. Read below to see who can help based on what stage of business you're at, and visit this collaborative website, findyouranswers.biz, for even more.
Results Based Programs
- Development & Training: Discover business workshops and training in areas such as talent, development, marketing, business planning, and strategy.
- Mentorship: London has a strong network of seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals that can help guide you to the next stage in your venture. Discover local programs that can connect you to mentors.
- Funding: From small business banking loans to venture capitalists and angel funding, several partners have come together to make it easier for businesses to access capital. Find sources of funding for your growing business.
- Space & Incubation: Starting your own business, or expanding to a larger facility? From small commercial kitchens, hot desks and co-working space, to downtown offices or industrial buildings, our team can help you locate the right space for scaling up your business.
- BizPal: Helps you find the permits and licenses you may require when starting or operating your business.
- Junior Achievement London and District are inspiring students and preparing them to succeed in a global economy.
- LEAP Junction is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Fanshawe College, helping students take the leap into entrepreneurship.
- London Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based, volunteer-driven organization whose mission is to lead and serve the London Business community.
- Pillar Nonprofit Network is strengthening the impact of the nonprofit sector by connecting nonprofit, business and government organizations.
- Propel Entrepreneurship is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Western University, providing co-working space, funding, mentorship and training programs for startups at all stages of growth.
- Service London Business helps to provide valuable information, resources, and requirements that are specific to your business. Use the BizPal online process to find the permits that you need.
- From concept, through start-up and early growth stages of business, the Small Business Centre is a one-stop source for information, guidance, and professional advice on starting and running a successful business.
- Société Économique de l’Ontario (SÉO) engages all of the Francophone and bilingual community's stakeholders to foster economic development, entrepreneurship, employability, and immigration.
- Southwestern Ontario Angel Group (SWOAG) facilitates the introduction of entrepreneurs to potential investors.
- TechAlliance is helping entrepreneurs start and grow their tech-based businesses through connecting them to valuable expertise, seed funding, educational programs, industry-specific events, and a comprehensive membership program.
Testimonial: Toboggan Brewing Company
If you really want to be an entrepreneur, costs are lower in comparison to other cities and this city offers a great lifestyle that has everything you need. - Mike Smith, Owner, Toboggan Brewing Company
Shake things up a bit and discover the why behind the “what do you do”. Put the HEART back into networking this month by building meaningful relationships with your fellow community members. To help build these relationships, this month's event will feature an interactive activity to help improve your networking experience! Stewart Liebert of Sandler Training London and James Smith of Consys Group Inc. will be facilitating a fun networking exercise to help with building connections. Because at the end of the day… You never know where one conversation may lead. You never know how one relationship might change everything. So grab your tickets today and come experience an entirely new way to network and bond with the London community! Location: Olive R. Twists – Attached to the Covent Garden Market. Light snacks will be provided and the full Olive R. Twists Menu and beverage selection will also be available for purchase! As always, a big thanks to our sponsors: Consys Group, Start.ca and Thinq Technologies for your support and making this event possible!
Save the date for May 29, 2019
Anticipate the future. Strategize and adapt. Thrive. Deloitte’s Technology, Media and Telecommunications Predictions are back! Hosted in partnership with the London Economic Development Corporation (LEDC).
May 29, 2019 | 4:30PM - 7:30PM
Expand your list of business contacts and meet potential referrals while enjoying a fun and interactive ice breaker game that will get you in front of a dynamic community of London business owners and professionals!
May 24, 2019Swoop's summer schedule is in full swing at London Internation
Starting today, travellers from Southwestern Ontario will now be able to fly non-stop from London International with daily service to Abbotsford (Vancouver) and Halifax.
May 21, 2019London Abused Women's Centre, Talbot Marketing and tbk Win International Web Awards
Last month, tbk and two of its clients: London Abused Women’s Centre (LAWC) and Talbot Marketing were awarded international web design awards at the Web Marketing Association’s 2019 Internet Advertising Competition (IAC Awards).
May 08, 2019Made Right Here: Nerdful Things
Discover how a former manufacturer has created a booming replica prop business here in London. Video by: Marek Sutherland, CTV News London, May 8, 2019.