Did You Know?
London, Canada is a city for entrepreneurs, with a strong support network led by leaders from small business, economic development, and the entrepreneur community across London and Southwestern Ontario.
The LEDC helps high growth entrepreneurs to raise and find funding, hire and develop talent, expand their markets, and locate business development opportunities.
In London, there's a no-wrong-door approach for entrepreneurs seeking support. Read below to see who can help based on what stage of business you're at, and visit this collaborative website, findyouranswers.biz, for even more.
Results Based Programs
- Development & Training: Discover business workshops and training in areas such as talent, development, marketing, business planning, and strategy.
- Mentorship: London has a strong network of seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals that can help guide you to the next stage in your venture. Discover local programs that can connect you to mentors.
- Funding: From small business banking loans to venture capitalists and angel funding, several partners have come together to make it easier for businesses to access capital. Find sources of funding for your growing business.
- Space & Incubation: Starting your own business, or expanding to a larger facility? From small commercial kitchens, hot desks and co-working space, to downtown offices or industrial buildings, our team can help you locate the right space for scaling up your business.
- BizPal: Helps you find the permits and licenses you may require when starting or operating your business.
Accelerate on Instagram
Another great year at the @techallianceldn Meet & Meat barbeque. Hundreds from the tech and business community gather over networking, food and sunshine ☀️🍔🤝 A great way for our team to catch up with clients - and enjoy the photobooth of course! . . . . . #ldnont #techalliance #meetandmeat #bbq #summer #photobooth #londonont #londoncan
- Junior Achievement London and District are inspiring students and preparing them to succeed in a global economy.
- LEAP Junction is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Fanshawe College, helping students take the leap into entrepreneurship.
- London Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based, volunteer-driven organization whose mission is to lead and serve the London Business community.
- Pillar Nonprofit Network is strengthening the impact of the nonprofit sector by connecting nonprofit, business and government organizations.
- Propel Entrepreneurship is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Western University, providing co-working space, funding, mentorship and training programs for startups at all stages of growth.
- Service London Business helps to provide valuable information, resources, and requirements that are specific to your business. Use the BizPal online process to find the permits that you need.
- From concept, through start-up and early growth stages of business, the Small Business Centre is a one-stop source for information, guidance, and professional advice on starting and running a successful business.
- Société Économique de l’Ontario (SÉO) engages all of the Francophone and bilingual community's stakeholders to foster economic development, entrepreneurship, employability, and immigration.
- Southwestern Ontario Angel Group (SWOAG) facilitates the introduction of entrepreneurs to potential investors.
- TechAlliance is helping entrepreneurs start and grow their tech-based businesses through connecting them to valuable expertise, seed funding, educational programs, industry-specific events, and a comprehensive membership program.
Testimonial: Toboggan Brewing Company
If you really want to be an entrepreneur, costs are lower in comparison to other cities and this city offers a great lifestyle that has everything you need. - Mike Smith, Owner, Toboggan Brewing Company
July 22-26, 2019 | 9:00AM - 4:00PM
The FDS Young Innovators Program empowers kids to create, innovate and develop their entrepreneurial skills. We help kids uncover their passion, build prototypes and pitch solutions that bring meaningful change to the world.
July 24, 2019
Employment Sector Council (ESC) offers this Onboarding Workshop to its Job Developers Network (JDN) members. This workshop is designed to provide some important context as to what the JDN is, what it does, and why. It introduces participants to the tools, resources, and strategies that are developed and used by the JDN and its members.
July 25, 2019 | 8:00AM - 4:00PM
AZ Truck Drivers are wanted for local and cross border opportunities. Bring a resume and a cover letter and prepare to learn more about becoming or continuing your carer as an AZ Driver.
July 11, 2019DC519 - Tyler Bryden, SixFive & Speak AI
At our inagural Digital Creative 519 Conference (DC519), we asked local business owners to tell us how they've scaled up their companies. Hear from Tyler Bryden, Owner of SixFive and Founder of Speak AI.
July 10, 2019Rise Individual Lending Program
The Small Business Centre has partnered up with Rise Asset Development to provide training, mentoring, and financing of up to $10,000 to help qualified and eligible individuals achieve their business goals.
July 05, 2019Western Accelerator Applications Open
Western Accelerator is open to Western students, faculty, staff, and alumni, It is an intense, rapid, and immersive education in entrepreneurship for those building high-potential ventures. Apply by July 10.