Did You Know?
London, Canada is a city for entrepreneurs, with a strong support network led by leaders from small business, economic development, and the entrepreneur community across London and Southwestern Ontario.
The LEDC helps high growth entrepreneurs to raise and find funding, hire and develop talent, expand their markets, and locate business development opportunities.
In London, there's a no-wrong-door approach for entrepreneurs seeking support. Read below to see who can help based on what stage of business you're at, and visit this collaborative website, findyouranswers.biz, for even more.
Results Based Programs
- Development & Training: Discover business workshops and training in areas such as talent, development, marketing, business planning, and strategy.
- Mentorship: London has a strong network of seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals that can help guide you to the next stage in your venture. Discover local programs that can connect you to mentors.
- Funding: From small business banking loans to venture capitalists and angel funding, several partners have come together to make it easier for businesses to access capital. Find sources of funding for your growing business.
- Space & Incubation: Starting your own business, or expanding to a larger facility? From small commercial kitchens, hot desks and co-working space, to downtown offices or industrial buildings, our team can help you locate the right space for scaling up your business.
- BizPal: Helps you find the permits and licenses you may require when starting or operating your business.
Accelerate on Instagram
London Ontario: All are Welcome here. This is what London community stands for. London has always stood up as a community to help people from different cultures, backgrounds and nationalities. Now it's time to take it one step further and make London even more welcoming and inclusive. . Join @cityoflondonont, London and Middlesex Immigration Partnership, and @citimmcanada for All are Welcome Here 2020 event on March 12. Learn how unconscious biases employment and housing can affect the experiences of immigrants. . Let's grow above all prejudices and make London even more welcoming. Find out more here: https://bit.ly/2UuAzut . . . . . .📸 @1000actsofwelcome #ldnont #diversity #1000actsofwelcome #community #ircc
- Junior Achievement London and District are inspiring students and preparing them to succeed in a global economy.
- LEAP Junction is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Fanshawe College, helping students take the leap into entrepreneurship.
- London Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based, volunteer-driven organization whose mission is to lead and serve the London Business community.
- Pillar Nonprofit Network is strengthening the impact of the nonprofit sector by connecting nonprofit, business and government organizations.
- Propel Entrepreneurship is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Western University, providing co-working space, funding, mentorship and training programs for startups at all stages of growth.
- Service London Business helps to provide valuable information, resources, and requirements that are specific to your business. Use the BizPal online process to find the permits that you need.
- From concept, through start-up and early growth stages of business, the Small Business Centre is a one-stop source for information, guidance, and professional advice on starting and running a successful business.
- Société Économique de l’Ontario (SÉO) engages all of the Francophone and bilingual community's stakeholders to foster economic development, entrepreneurship, employability, and immigration.
- Southwestern Ontario Angel Group (SWOAG) facilitates the introduction of entrepreneurs to potential investors.
- TechAlliance is helping entrepreneurs start and grow their tech-based businesses through connecting them to valuable expertise, seed funding, educational programs, industry-specific events, and a comprehensive membership program.
- The RH Accelerator exists for one purpose - helping business owners, founders and the teams in early stage companies achieve their dreams. We have a core group of founders, extensive network of mentors and investors. Combined with physical space, we are ideally set up to help companies achieve the next level. We are operated by business owners who have succeeded. We invest in the next generation of companies and only profit when our companies succeed.
Testimonial: Booch Organic Kombucha
London's community has shown excitement and incredible support for our organizations (Booch, Nuts for Cheese, Pulp and Press) because these innovative products are being produced in their backyard; people want to support something made locally. London has always been there since day one.Shannon Kamins, Owner and Master Fermenter, Booch Organic Kombucha
February 18, 2020 | 2:00 pm
With a range of programs and services tailored to meet your needs, the London Small Business Centre can help you start and grow your business. Attend this free, 90-minute seminar for a full overview of programs and services, and key business startup information.
February 19, 2020 | 9:15 am
These 3 hours seminars is offered each month to help business owners increase their knowledge on business related topics. Subject matter experts are enlisted to present the sessions and share their expertise.
February 19, 2020
The Think Business Series is comprised of four (two hour) sessions that serve as guidance in developing a business plan. This includes market research, marketing and sales, financials, operations and start up costs.
February 12, 2020Inspired by Rowing, Nicole Baranowski is determined to help women in fitness and sports
This is the story of Hairstrong. A story of an entrepreneur’s perseverance, determination, and inspiration. A story of London’s admirable community support.
February 07, 2020Hairstrong hairbands, Built to last
Hairstrong is a new company that is selling hairbands called the Strongband. It is a headband designed for people with long hair to be able to tie their hair down while playing sports or doing activities and not have it all over and getting in your way. Article by: Christian Mahu, XFM News, February 07, 2020.
February 06, 2020A text-ticketing solution gives fans access to fast, easy and convenient seat upgrades
Dibz is the creation of Brennon D’Souza, a 40-something tech guy who has worked in TV and video for most of his career. Article by: London Inc.