Did You Know?
London, Canada is a city for entrepreneurs, with a strong support network led by leaders from small business, economic development, and the entrepreneur community across London and Southwestern Ontario.
The LEDC helps high growth entrepreneurs to raise and find funding, hire and develop talent, expand their markets, and locate business development opportunities.
In London, there's a no-wrong-door approach for entrepreneurs seeking support. Read below to see who can help based on what stage of business you're at, and visit this collaborative website, findyouranswers.biz, for even more.
Results Based Programs
- Development & Training: Discover business workshops and training in areas such as talent, development, marketing, business planning, and strategy.
- Mentorship: London has a strong network of seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals that can help guide you to the next stage in your venture. Discover local programs that can connect you to mentors.
- Funding: From small business banking loans to venture capitalists and angel funding, several partners have come together to make it easier for businesses to access capital. Find sources of funding for your growing business.
- Space & Incubation: Starting your own business, or expanding to a larger facility? From small commercial kitchens, hot desks and co-working space, to downtown offices or industrial buildings, our team can help you locate the right space for scaling up your business.
- BizPal: Helps you find the permits and licenses you may require when starting or operating your business.
Accelerate on Instagram
Today, the @ldnmusicoffice officially launches the 2019 London Music Census 🎶 See below for background and fill out the survey at ⤵️ londonmusicoffice.com/survey *** The information shared through this survey is entered anonymously, collected and then presented in aggregate allowing for privacy of answers. Amassing data from the London music industry allows for unique trends and themes to emerge. This information is then used to tell London’s story and grow our brand as a Music City. The goal of the 2019 census is to build on past findings by tracking measurement and growth. Over the past 4 years London has welcomed new businesses, played host to regional and national events and featured thousands of festivals, events and concerts. Understanding how the local sector has changed and evolved is critical. Through the past census, gaps and barriers were identified. This census update will provide an understanding of past identified gaps and barriers and further our understanding of challenges and successes to date. Thank you for your continued support and contribution towards London music.
- Junior Achievement London and District are inspiring students and preparing them to succeed in a global economy.
- LEAP Junction is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Fanshawe College, helping students take the leap into entrepreneurship.
- London Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based, volunteer-driven organization whose mission is to lead and serve the London Business community.
- Pillar Nonprofit Network is strengthening the impact of the nonprofit sector by connecting nonprofit, business and government organizations.
- Propel Entrepreneurship is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Western University, providing co-working space, funding, mentorship and training programs for startups at all stages of growth.
- Service London Business helps to provide valuable information, resources, and requirements that are specific to your business. Use the BizPal online process to find the permits that you need.
- From concept, through start-up and early growth stages of business, the Small Business Centre is a one-stop source for information, guidance, and professional advice on starting and running a successful business.
- Société Économique de l’Ontario (SÉO) engages all of the Francophone and bilingual community's stakeholders to foster economic development, entrepreneurship, employability, and immigration.
- Southwestern Ontario Angel Group (SWOAG) facilitates the introduction of entrepreneurs to potential investors.
- TechAlliance is helping entrepreneurs start and grow their tech-based businesses through connecting them to valuable expertise, seed funding, educational programs, industry-specific events, and a comprehensive membership program.
- The RH Accelerator exists for one purpose - helping business owners, founders and the teams in early stage companies achieve their dreams. We have a core group of founders, extensive network of mentors and investors. Combined with physical space, we are ideally set up to help companies achieve the next level. We are operated by business owners who have succeeded. We invest in the next generation of companies and only profit when our companies succeed.
Testimonial: Booch Organic Kombucha
London's community has shown excitement and incredible support for our organizations (Booch, Nuts for Cheese, Pulp and Press) because these innovative products are being produced in their backyard; people want to support something made locally. London has always been there since day one.Shannon Kamins, Owner and Master Fermenter, Booch Organic Kombucha
September 24, 2019 | 2:00PM - 7:00PM
Jobseekers are invited to connect with hiring employers - bring your resume, your enthusiasm and your skills to make your next career connection. Employers with open positions and employment agencies are invited to attend. This is a save the date - stay tuned for more details.
September 24, 2019 | 4:30PM - 6:00PM
This is a great opportunity for you to meet other entrepreneurs or find a cofounder, in a relaxed setting. Our event offers the perfect occasion to expand your business contacts and socialize with like-minded students developing their own companies on campus.
September 24, 2019 | 5:00PM - 7:30PM
This month our focus will be on the importance of mental health and the impact that mental health has on every aspect of the community.
September 16, 2019DC519 - Trevor Greenway, VP & Director of Client Services, EKSiT
At our inagural Digital Creative 519 Conference (DC519), we asked local business representatives about scaling up. Hear from Trevor Greenway, Vice President & Director of Client Services at EKSiT.
September 16, 2019London & Area Works: Flower Lady and Gentleman
Business is blossoming at a flower farm that started as a labour of love. Video by: Celine Zadorsky, CTV News London, September 16, 2019.
September 12, 2019Growth 500: The Complete Ranking of Canada’s Fastest-Growing Companies
These are the 500 fastest-growing companies in Canada, measured by their revenue growth over the last five years. 10 London, Ontario based companies have been ranked this year.