Did You Know?
London, Canada is a city for entrepreneurs, with a strong support network led by leaders from small business, economic development, and the entrepreneur community across London and Southwestern Ontario.
The LEDC helps high growth entrepreneurs to raise and find funding, hire and develop talent, expand their markets, and locate business development opportunities.
In London, there's a no-wrong-door approach for entrepreneurs seeking support. Read below to see who can help based on what stage of business you're at, and visit this collaborative website, findyouranswers.biz, for even more.
Results Based Programs
- Development & Training: Discover business workshops and training in areas such as talent, development, marketing, business planning, and strategy.
- Mentorship: London has a strong network of seasoned entrepreneurs and business professionals that can help guide you to the next stage in your venture. Discover local programs that can connect you to mentors.
- Funding: From small business banking loans to venture capitalists and angel funding, several partners have come together to make it easier for businesses to access capital. Find sources of funding for your growing business.
- Space & Incubation: Starting your own business, or expanding to a larger facility? From small commercial kitchens, hot desks and co-working space, to downtown offices or industrial buildings, our team can help you locate the right space for scaling up your business.
- BizPal: Helps you find the permits and licenses you may require when starting or operating your business.
Accelerate on Instagram
- Junior Achievement London and District are inspiring students and preparing them to succeed in a global economy.
- LEAP Junction is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Fanshawe College, helping students take the leap into entrepreneurship.
- London Chamber of Commerce is a membership-based, volunteer-driven organization whose mission is to lead and serve the London Business community.
- Pillar Nonprofit Network is strengthening the impact of the nonprofit sector by connecting nonprofit, business and government organizations.
- Propel Entrepreneurship is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Western University, providing co-working space, funding, mentorship and training programs for startups at all stages of growth.
- Service London Business helps to provide valuable information, resources, and requirements that are specific to your business. Use the BizPal online process to find the permits that you need.
- From concept, through start-up and early growth stages of business, the Small Business Centre is a one-stop source for information, guidance, and professional advice on starting and running a successful business.
- Société Économique de l’Ontario (SÉO) engages all of the Francophone and bilingual community's stakeholders to foster economic development, entrepreneurship, employability, and immigration.
- Southwestern Ontario Angel Group (SWOAG) facilitates the introduction of entrepreneurs to potential investors.
- TechAlliance is helping entrepreneurs start and grow their tech-based businesses through connecting them to valuable expertise, seed funding, educational programs, industry-specific events, and a comprehensive membership program.
- The RH Accelerator exists for one purpose - helping business owners, founders and the teams in early stage companies achieve their dreams. We have a core group of founders, extensive network of mentors and investors. Combined with physical space, we are ideally set up to help companies achieve the next level. We are operated by business owners who have succeeded. We invest in the next generation of companies and only profit when our companies succeed.
Testimonial: Booch Organic Kombucha
London's community has shown excitement and incredible support for our organizations (Booch, Nuts for Cheese, Pulp and Press) because these innovative products are being produced in their backyard; people want to support something made locally. London has always been there since day one.Shannon Kamins, Owner and Master Fermenter, Booch Organic Kombucha
January 20, 2020 | 4:00PM - 5:00PM
What is your social good goal? Discover a world of opportunities with nonprofits and social enterprises, and learn how you can develop transferable skills, enhance your career prospects and network through volunteering and board leadership opportunities.
January 20, 2020 | 6:30PM - 8:30PM
Join FEMME (Female Entrepreneurs Making Moves Everywhere) for business networking, social entrepreneurship and meeting other ambitious, hard-working women in the community.
January 20, 2020 | 6:45PM - 8:45PM
If you'd like to learn more about customizing Wordpress and/or have a specific problem you are trying to solve with your website — this is the Meetup for you! RSVP by January 15.
January 17, 2020Fourth London cannabis retail outlet to open by Western gates
A familiar name in Ontario’s cannabis culture, Friendly Stranger, announced this week it has granted trademark licenses for the use of its brand to six Ontario retail license holders and will open new cannabis retail locations early this year, including a London unit at 1135 Richmond Street.
January 17, 2020Two local micropreneurs compete for national award
Two local micro-business owners—Charissa Floriancic of Crushed Aftercare and Kay Habib of Skilled Accents—have been named as finalists for the 2020 Mompreneur Award of Excellence.
January 17, 2020Create a company this summer
Looking for a job this summer? Why not create your own with help from the Summer Company program? Through the Summer Company program, you can get start-up money to kick-off a new summer business, along with advice and mentorship from local business leaders to help get the business up and running.