20 Years in 2018
October 19, 2018
You may have read our in-depth 20 year milestones article earlier this year. If you haven’t, we invite you to take a read here: http://ledc.com/news/ledc-20-years.
Here’s a visual and even more condensed version of some of the key milestones the LEDC has helped facilitate and support since 1998:
What’s happened in 2018?
2018 officially marks LEDC’s 20th anniversary serving the business community in the City of London. Take a look at some of our year-to-date announcements and activities:
- Facilitated $198.5 million in expansions and investments
- Connected companies to $9.5 million in grants & subsidies
- 1,138 jobs added
Expansions / Investments
We’ve had the pleasure of working with companies across industries in 2018 that have invested in London through expanding their facilities, doubling their production, and creating new employment opportunities.Partnerships
- Frontline Supervisor Program: Fanshawe College Corporate Training Solutions and The Ivey Academy just announced they are partnering to deliver their first program in southwestern Ontario specifically for frontline supervisors and team leaders. LEDC helped to bridge this partnership.
- Business Momentum Series: This first-of-its-kind partnership in Ontario brings education and industry needs together through initiatives such as job fairs, industry tours, and events. So far this year, we’ve hosted four workshops through this series with nearly 100 attendees.
- Recipe to Reality: Delivering multi-phase food and beverage programming in partnership to support agri-food entrepreneurship. Over 200 attendees and 15 new businesses supported in 2017
- London & Area Works: We collaborate on this initiative with many community partners to better connect job seekers to career opportunities via a website portal, weekly video segments, and job fairs held twice annually. In 2018, each job fair attracted over 60 employers with 1,200 – 2,800 positions, and between 1,400-2,300 jobseekers.
- Events: In 2018, we partnered with various organizations including OCE, Legal Hackers London Chapter, Deloitte, and Forest City Film Festival, to initiate new and recurring industry collision events. From exploring technology, media, and telecommunication trends with Deloitte at TMT Predictions, to supporting the Legal Hackers London Chapter, these events encouraged networking, connections, and industry collisions amongst local businesses and industry leaders.
Learn more about what’s happened so far in 2018 and stay tuned for more updates on our News page.
April 05, 2018LEDC 20 Years
From the companies LEDC helped to invest, grow, or hire talent in London, to the initiatives and partnerships we’ve formed to address industry needs, take a look at our 20-year history.
January 02, 20182017 Year in Review
2017 was an exciting year for London and the LEDC. Take a look at some highlights and the top 10 news items read on the LEDC's website over the past year.
October 02, 2017Ivey joins LEDC in on-job training
A partnership between the Ivey Business School and the city agency charged with economic growth will help train business and industry leaders on the job. Article by: Norman De Bono, the London Free Press, October 1, 2017.