The LEDC is Hiring Summer Positions
May 20, 2020
The London Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is the lead economic development agency for London, Canada. LEDC works with business, government and community partners to attract business investment, develop a connected and supportive business climate and grow London's talented workforce. We are currently hiring for two Research and Special Projects Interns Summer Position
How to Apply: By e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org by Thursday, May 28, 2020 4pm
Attention: Robert Collins, Director, Workforce Development
Duties and learning opportunities:
The Research and Special Projects Intern, reporting to the Director, Workforce Development, will be responsible for:
- Researching and drafting content for online publications
- Collecting and entering data into various data bases
- Developing and reporting comparative market research
- Preparing resource documents
- Other projects as they arise including but not limited to assistance with focus group planning and management and local outreach activities.
- Opportunity to participate in project development
Skills and abilities required:
- Excellent research analytic and problem solving skills
- Data base entry and management experience
- Superior verbal and written skills
- Process and detail oriented
- Maturity ability to work independently and cooperatively in a team
- Dependable adaptable and patient
Days and times employee must be available: Flexible, but regular day-time hours. 35 hours/week. June 15- August 28, 2020. $16.00 per hour.
Accessible by public transportation: yes
In order to be considered for this opportunity, candidates must meet the following Canada Summer Jobs 2020 program and project requirements:
- is between 15 and 30 years of age(inclusive) at the start of the employment;
- is a Canadian citizen, permanent resident, or person to whom refugee protection has been conferred under the Immigration and Refugee Protection Act for the duration of the employment*; and,
- is legally entitled to work in Canada in accordance with relevant provincial / territorial legislation and regulations.
*International students are not eligible. Recent immigrants are eligible if they are Canadian Citizens or permanent residents.