Did You Know?
Technology companies in London specialize in interactive game development, manufacturing plant floor software, financial services, asset management, content management middleware and creative content.
- Infrastructure such as affordable downtown office space including many heritage buildings, fibre optic connectivity, certified data centre sites, and great entertainment venues are among the reasons why an increasing number of technology companies are choosing London
- Technology incubation and acceleration opportunities exist at the Western University Research Park and downtown London’s Hacker Studios, Innovation Works, Magnus Associates, Regus and UnLondon Digital Media Association
Education, Research & Development
- TechAlliance helps entrepreneurs with new technologies or fast-growing tech companies access resources and expertise through services such as business analysis, prototyping, market intelligence, and access to capital
- OIART is the first school of it's kind in North America providing an education that prepares students for the audio industry
- Western University has programs in Computer Science, including a minor in game development and Computer and Software Engineering
- Fanshawe College has programs in Information Technology such as programming and networking, as well as Contemporary Media including digital media, games, 3D animation and web development
- The new Centre for Digital and Performing Arts (CDPA) with Fanshawe College is a 50,000 square-foot facility, located in the heart of downtown London, is equipped with modern labs, classrooms, and collaborative learning spaces for 400 students and staff. The centre is home to a number of Fanshawe's creative programs, such as 3D Animation and Character Design, Interactive Media Design and Production, Technical Costume Studies, and Theatre Arts.
- For those who want hands-on experience in production as well as the theoretical background necessary to critically analyze media, Western offers an Information and Media Studies program that teaches students the fundamentals that they will need to pursue a successful career in a media-related field.
Case StudyBron Animation
Bron Studios Inc., a British Columbia film production company, opened a London office for its animation division in 2016. The new business helps diversify London's growing digital media sector that includes 300 tech businesses, with 40 in digital media. The London studio will help woo talent from across Ontario, as well as grow the industry locally. Click here to view the full case study.
There is a very strong network of entrepreneurs and technology start-ups here in London. There is a sense of community, a lifestyle and a pool of talent that doesn't exist anywhere else.Taylor Ablitt, Co-Founder and CEO, GoViral
London Tech Jobs
Looking for jobs or talent in the tech sector in London? Look no further. Our London Tech Jobs page is dedicated to showcasing open job postings by the most innovative companies in this quickly growing sector.
August 2, 2017 | 4:00pm - 5:30pm
Have you heard about TechAlliance but aren’t quite sure what we do or how you can get involved? Do you have new business or product and need some help getting things off the ground? Join us for a short info session to hear from our team about who we are, the services we provide and how we can help you get connected for success!
Saturday August 5, 2017 | 2:00pm - 5:00pm
Dive headfirst into printing tangible objects that you've designed and modelled yourself.
August 12, 2017
If you are an active or aspiring independent filmmaker, director or producer this one day workshop is for you! Learn through real practical knowledge and experience. Book before July 31, 2017 to save 25%.
July 19, 201710 Questions With Stephanie Ciccarelli, Co-Founder Of Voices.com
With the announcement of an $18 million growth investment from Morgan Stanley Expansion Capital, a selection of 200,000 voice actors representing over 100 languages and dialects, and clients from Fortune 500 companies, what was once a simple idea has grown far beyond the definition of success. Article by: Angela McInnes, LondonFUSE, July 19, 2017.
July 18, 2017I am London 150 campaign showcases immigrants' inspiring stories
Aaron Guo, owner of Longterm Technology Services Inc., is one of the 15 individuals selected as this year's I am London 150 campaign, started by the London & Middlesex Local Immigration Partnership (LMLIP). Article by: Maria D'Souza, London Free Press, July 17, 2017.
July 13, 2017My Singing Monsters gets animated series
Wind Sun Sky Entertainment to develop Big Blue Bubble's hit video game franchise My Singing Monsters for animated television.