Did You Know?
Technology companies in London specialize in interactive game development, manufacturing plant floor software, financial services, asset management, content management middleware and creative content.
- Infrastructure such as affordable downtown office space including many heritage buildings, fibre optic connectivity, certified data centre sites, and great entertainment venues are among the reasons why an increasing number of technology companies are choosing London
- Technology incubation and acceleration opportunities exist at the Western University Research Park and downtown London’s Hacker Studios, Innovation Works, Magnus Associates, Regus and UnLondon Digital Media Association
Education, Research & Development
- TechAlliance helps entrepreneurs with new technologies or fast-growing tech companies access resources and expertise through services such as business analysis, prototyping, market intelligence, and access to capital
- OIART is the first school of it's kind in North America providing an education that prepares students for the audio industry
- Western University has programs in Computer Science, including a minor in game development and Computer and Software Engineering
- Fanshawe College has programs in Information Technology such as programming and networking, as well as Contemporary Media including digital media, games, 3D animation and web development
- The new Centre for Digital and Performing Arts (CDPA) with Fanshawe College is a 50,000 square-foot facility, located in the heart of downtown London, is equipped with modern labs, classrooms, and collaborative learning spaces for 400 students and staff. The centre is home to a number of Fanshawe's creative programs, such as 3D Animation and Character Design, Interactive Media Design and Production, Technical Costume Studies, and Theatre Arts.
- For those who want hands-on experience in production as well as the theoretical background necessary to critically analyze media, Western offers an Information and Media Studies program that teaches students the fundamentals that they will need to pursue a successful career in a media-related field.
Case StudyBron Animation
Bron Studios Inc., a British Columbia film production company, opened a London office for its animation division in 2016. The new business helps diversify London's growing digital media sector that includes 300 tech businesses, with 40 in digital media. The London studio will help woo talent from across Ontario, as well as grow the industry locally. Click here to view the full case study.
There is a very strong network of entrepreneurs and technology start-ups here in London. There is a sense of community, a lifestyle and a pool of talent that doesn't exist anywhere else.Taylor Ablitt, Co-Founder and CEO, GoViral
London Tech Jobs
Looking for jobs or talent in the tech sector in London? Look no further. Our London Tech Jobs page is dedicated to showcasing open job postings by the most innovative companies in this quickly growing sector.
June 27, 2017 | 5:30pm - 7:30pm
MS Office users – bring your questions to our team. We are offering free open office hours to help you answer a question and/or direct you to the appropriate course.
June 28, 2017 | 6:30pm - 8:00pm
The purpose of this lecture is to give those seeking employment, or better employment, in the tech industry, a leg up on everyone else.
July 6, 2017 | 4:00pm - 5:30pm
Rather than teach you how to program PHP, this workshop shows you how to do common and less common, but always useful, tasks using just PHP.
June 20, 2017Trans Capital Air Ltd. donates "Dash 7' to Fanshawe's aviation programs
Students at Fanshawe’s Norton Wolf School of Aviation Technology will have a surprise gift waiting for their return come September. Article by: AM980, June 19, 2017.
June 20, 2017China Angels Mentorship Program (CAMP) 2017
The China Angels Mentorship Program (CAMP), a joint initiative of Ontario Centres of Excellence and the China Canada Angels Alliance (CCAA), is a virtual incubation program designed to create value for early-stage companies looking to enter the Chinese market. Applications are being accepted until September 1, 2017.
June 19, 2017Enabling Accessibility in Workplaces and Communities - Call for Proposals
Enabling accessibility fund can help organizations improve infrastructure in communities. The Government of Canada is accepting proposals until July 26, 2017.