The CEWS is yet again changing. The 2021 federal budget announced a further extension but phase-out of the wage subsidy and introduced the Canada Recovery Hiring Program (CRHP). New restrictions on executive compensation were announced, and the CRA has imposed new strict rules on amending previously filed CEWS claims and accepting late-filed applications.
Join us as our panel of multidisciplinary advisors convene once again to learn about these key changes, including:
- Extension (and phase-out) of CEWS to September 2021
- The new Canada Recovery Hiring Program commencing June 2021
- New restrictions on CEWS claims based on executive compensation
- CRA's May 20 deadline and limitations on filing amended and late CEWS applications
- What tax, finance and human resources departments should be considering now