Gain the resources and support your company needs to spark innovation and growth.
At LEDC, our team strives to help you create the ideal conditions needed to expand.
The LEDC offers existing London businesses and companies overseas in London’s key sectors several expansion planning services designed to facilitate sustainable, long-term growth. Some of the ways we help businesses expand include:
- Select a site (office or industrial) your business can expand into and providing tours of potential sites
- Connect to municipal specialists for regulatory and zoning requirements
- Access local talent pools and training for employees by connecting businesses to educational institutions and job promotion opportunities, in addition to all other Workforce Development Services
- Assist site selectors and local business owners with market research and feasibility studies
- Access trade and export resources and services
- Connect with research and development facilities to develop, test, or commercialize products
- Identify available grants and incentives that can assist with expanding
- Market and promote your business’s expansion to local and national media and audiences, in addition to all other Community Engagement Services
LEDC develops and supports several initiatives designed to help businesses grow and invest in London, including:
- Working closely with the City of London to manage an Industrial Lands Strategy which ensures London has a readily available supply of fully-serviced land for manufacturing, food processing, and R&D facility expansions and investments.
- Partnering with the London Chamber of Commerce to deliver a Trade Accelerator Program to local businesses looking to expand into new markets. LEDC also participates on various chamber committees such as the Global Opportunities Business Committee.
- Partnering with the London International Airport to grow London’s aerospace sector through joint land development, pitches to potential airlines to enhance service to other large cities, and working together to attract aviation businesses to London,
- LEDC participates in two pan-regional alliances with the Ontario Food Cluster (OFC) and Ontario Manufacturing Communities Alliance (OMCA), working with other municipalities in Ontario to market Ontario and serve as a one-stop shop for potential foreign investments. LEDC is also a member of the Consider Canada City Alliance (CCCA) where Canada’s 13 largest cities coordinate investment attraction activities with the Federal government
“We formed great networks with other high-tech companies in the area who were able to help us secure a great piece of land that was much less expensive than what you would see in Europe. When we wanted to expand, other plants invited us in to see what they were doing”
- Vijai Lakshmikanthan, Starlim North America