Access one of the largest and highly skilled talent pools in Southwestern Ontario. In addition to our resident talent, thousands of students and newcomers from abroad arrive in London every year.
Your workforce is key to driving growth, investment, and innovation, and access to highly qualified talent is a top reason businesses choose to expand in London. LEDC provides client companies considering London for their operations or seeking to grow here with the advice and tools essential for success.
Come Grow with us through our workforce services that will:
- Share labour market conditions including relevant wage rates and labour availability to help make informed decisions about your workforce strategy
- Coordinate and facilitate with your company a community entry plan and recruitment approach including connecting you to education institutions, employment support agencies, and key contacts in the community
- Connect you with training programs and professional development opportunities to help develop employees and company capacity
Link you with services to attract and hire global talent to fill highly specialized roles. LEDC is a designated referral partner for Canada's Global Skills Strategy. Please also see the Toolkit: Canadian Employers hiring foreign workers
- Share available training and hiring grants
Workforce Initiatives in London, Ontario
- London Tech Jobs: Join our free London Tech Jobs portal so we can promote your open positions. Jobseekers can use the portal to start discovering who's hiring in these growing sectors
- London Manufacturing Jobs: Join our free London Manufacturing Jobs portal so we can promote your open positions. Jobseekers can use the portal to start discovering who's hiring in these growing sectors
- London and Area Works: A community initiative to help employers highlight their open positions through a portal, weekly video series, and bi-annual job fairs.
- Job Developer Network: A group of job developers from 24 organizations across the London area that can help businesses recruit, hire, and seek training supports for current and potential employees.
- Business Momentum Series: Developed by LEDC and Fanshawe College Corporate Training Solutions to provide free human resources and communications and marketing training to employees at small-and-medium sized enterprises.
- Business Momentum Series
- Social Science Career Apprenticeship Program: Attract and secure quality, graduating talent to sustain and grow your business
- Ivey Academy Programming: Partnership between LEDC and the Ivey Academy to employees at the management and senior levels with training and events, traditionally only held in Toronto, at a low cost here in London.
“We have access to the brightest minds and skills here in London and it’s across all levels - engineers, designers, project managers, and plant floor technicians. The quality of life and type of work we do makes it easy for us to attract talent from other centres”
- Ron Harris, Jones Healthcare Group