Who We Are
The London Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is the lead economic development agency for London, Canada. Established in 1998, LEDC is a not-for-profit organization that is funded by the City of London through a Purchase of Service Agreement.
Working with business, government, academic institutions, and industry partners, LEDC supports the growth of existing businesses, attracts new businesses to London, and strives to ensure companies have the talent, resources, and business conditions they need to continue scaling.
LEDC focuses on growing London’s primary economic sectors – Agri-Food, Advanced Manufacturing, Digital Media and Tech, Health, and Professional Services. Growth in these sectors creates additional jobs through supply chains, service, retail industries, and more.
Develop sustainable economic advantage through the growth of local businesses, the attraction of new investment, and support of an entrepreneurial environment in London.
What We Do
The LEDC provides free economic development services to existing companies and foreign companies across five key sectors, including food processing, manufacturing, digital media and tech, professional services, and health. We provide leadership in some of the following areas:
- Attracting new business and foreign direct investment to London
- Retaining existing business and assisting with local expansions
- Advocating for improving the business environment in London
- Providing workforce development leadership to connect businesses with education institutes and employment sector agencies
- Marketing and promoting London for business opportunities in overseas markets
- Establishing business support partnerships throughout the community
- Developing strategic plans such as industrial lands strategy
Learn more about our services on our What We Offer pages.
Why We Do What We Do
We believe every local employer should have the talent, resources, and support they need to continue growing and investing in London, and that jobseekers should have access to a vast and diverse selection of exciting job opportunities. We do what we do every day to ensure we’re helping to create an environment in London where this is possible.