Your health is in good hands in London. Known as the go-to destination for healthcare in Ontario, London’s health sector is advancing human health by leading research, development, and commercialization in the industry.
London’s 60+ companies and hospitals and their 25,000+ employees embrace strengths in clinical trials, medical devices, and medical technologies. With a complete range of scientific, clinical, testing, and data management services available, London has the leadership, facilities, talent, and capabilities to support start-ups, scale-ups, and mature companies.
London’s many strengths in the health sector are based on a foundation of highly regarded academic and clinical research capabilities, supported by two large research facilities, two teaching hospitals, contract research organizations, and an innovative private sector. As such, London has a rich history of medical firsts, including the discovery of Insulin by Fredrick Banting, and advances in human trials for HIV vaccines.
Proudly Located in London, Ontario
- Access to two regional teaching hospitals and one of Canada’s largest hospital-based research institutes
- Expertise in musculoskeletal and brain health, biomedical devices and advanced simulation, biomedical imaging, and clinical trials
- Access to temporary lab spaces, services, and commercialization facilities
- Talented workforce specializing in healthcare and research related roles, clinical trials management, laboratory technologists, and quality assurance
- Connect with 25 research and development institutions
- Home to Canadian Surgical Technologies and Advanced Robotics (CSTAR) - one of eight training centres in the world for da Vinci Surgical Systems
“We’re surrounded by academic and industry experts that can help early-stage biotech companies develop medical products. We are connected to some of the best hospitals and universities in North America”
- Shantal Feltham, Stiris Research
Is your business hiring skilled trades or production talent?
Join our free London Manufacturing Jobs portal so we can promote your open positions. Jobseekers can use the portal to start discovering who's hiring in these growing sectors
Success Story: Jones Healthcare Group
Be it a box of candy, a blister pack of cold medicine or a bottle of vitamins, Jones Healthcare Group (formerly Jones Packaging) has found its way into millions of homes worldwide. At some point in our lives, many of us have touched one of their products. Founded in 1882, Jones is a London Ontario success story of generational entrepreneurship, responsive innovation and global leadership.