Did You Know?
London’s higher education institutions, government offices, financial service firms, contact centres and many corporate offices make up a large component of our economic base. London enjoys a solid reputation in this sector for well-educated and experienced talent that appreciates the affordability, safety and a good work/life balance.
London’s financial sector breaks away from tradition with new technologies and innovative approaches to client services.
- Companies have tested a variety of new finance products in London including ABM Machines and Freedom 55 products
- There are a number of professional associations in London, including IABC London, HRPLD, Junior Chamber International, London Chamber of Commerce, and the London Executive Association
Education, Research & Development
- Ivey Business School offers an Honours in Business Administration (HBA) and a Masters in Business Administration (HBA) program, being the only case-based program in Canada. Employing over 300 cases a year, students use an action-oriented and dynamic approach that mirrors the challenges and complexities of real-world business
- Western Continuing Studies offers flexible, creative and innovative programs that are developed in collaboration with Western faculties, professional associations and corporate partners, to provide you with the tools you need to develop your career and enrich your life, whether you work full-time, part-time, in London or abroad
- Fanshawe College’s Corporate Training Solutions (CTS) specializes in industry-focused training solutions that equip employees with the knowledge, skills and expertise needed to succeed in their day-to-day work, to advance in their careers and to build organizational capacity
- The Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) drives the development of Ontario's economy by helping create new jobs, products, services, technologies, and businesses. OCE supports and invests in early-stage projects, where the probability total return on innovation are substantial. Their efforts are focused on sectors with the greatest potential to drive Ontario's prosperity, including advanced health technologies, information, communications technologies, and digital media
Referring to London as the “land of opportunity” for start-ups,
HRdownloads acknowledges that new companies are hard-pressed to find a more accommodating city with such a high level of skilled talent. The LEDC has helped the company get connected to London’s workforce, as well as raise their profile in larger markets through marketing support. Click here to view the full case study.
London has been incredibly good to us. It has a competitive cost structure advantage and a wonderful pool of talented people that make it a preferred location to operate a business.Dave Johnston, President and Chief Operating Officer, Canada, Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life
June 28, 2018 | 10:30AM to 12:00PM
A community of practice, and a place for the community to pool our understanding of systems thinking in a peer-learning environment. We will provide...
July 9, 2018 | 4:00PM to 5:00PM
Working or Volunteering with Nonprofits and Social Enterprises? What is your social good goal? Discover a world of opportunities.
July 10, 2018 | 1:00PM - 4:00PM
Fanshawe College and Western University already hold strong reputations for being great educational institutions in our community. Did you know that they are also valuable resources for your work as nonprofits, social enterprises and entrepreneurs?
June 21, 2018Law, technology, and entrepreneurship converge at a new meetup in London
Legal Hackers London is bringing like-minded people together to learn, design, discuss, develop, and implement new solutions for legal issues.
June 19, 2018Brescia breaks ground on new pavilion for centennial
With its centennial anniversary next year, Brescia University College broke ground Monday on a $14-million pavilion to celebrate the past, meet the need of students and build for tomorrow. Article by: Shannon Coulter, The London Free Press, June 18, 2018.
June 12, 2018Buying Group Services is Hiring
Buying Group Services is hiring a Program Specialist. Click to learn more.