Did You Know?
London’s higher education institutions, government offices, financial service firms, contact centres and many corporate offices make up a large component of our economic base. London enjoys a solid reputation in this sector for well-educated and experienced talent that appreciates the affordability, safety and a good work/life balance.
London’s financial sector breaks away from tradition with new technologies and innovative approaches to client services.
- Companies have tested a variety of new finance products in London including ABM Machines and Freedom 55 products
- There are a number of professional associations in London, including IABC London, HRPLD, Junior Chamber International, London Chamber of Commerce, and the London Executive Association
Education, Research & Development
- Ivey Business School offers an Honours in Business Administration (HBA) and a Masters in Business Administration (HBA) program, being the only case-based program in Canada. Employing over 300 cases a year, students use an action-oriented and dynamic approach that mirrors the challenges and complexities of real-world business
- Western Continuing Studies offers flexible, creative and innovative programs that are developed in collaboration with Western faculties, professional associations and corporate partners, to provide you with the tools you need to develop your career and enrich your life, whether you work full-time, part-time, in London or abroad
- Fanshawe College’s Corporate Training Solutions (CTS) specializes in industry-focused training solutions that equip employees with the knowledge, skills and expertise needed to succeed in their day-to-day work, to advance in their careers and to build organizational capacity
- The Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) drives the development of Ontario's economy by helping create new jobs, products, services, technologies, and businesses. OCE supports and invests in early-stage projects, where the probability total return on innovation are substantial. Their efforts are focused on sectors with the greatest potential to drive Ontario's prosperity, including advanced health technologies, information, communications technologies, and digital media
Referring to London as the “land of opportunity” for start-ups,
HRdownloads acknowledges that new companies are hard-pressed to find a more accommodating city with such a high level of skilled talent. The LEDC has helped the company get connected to London’s workforce, as well as raise their profile in larger markets through marketing support. Click here to view the full case study.
London has been incredibility good to us. It has a competitive cost structure advantage and a wonderful pool of talented people that make it a preferred location to operate a business.Dave Johnston, President and Chief Operating Officer, Canada, Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life
October 17, 2017 | 8:30am - 4:00pm
This workshop will help you improve your ability to generate excellent content to attract target customers, understand what impact your marketing activities are having on your business and optimize your digital marketing strategy for maximum effectiveness and growth.
Saturday, October 21, 2017 | 9:00am - 4:00pm
This day long workshop is an opportunity to reflect and respond to the question: Who do I choose to be in service to this time? And to explore this in the company of like-minded others who also want to be discerning and compassionate leaders.
November 2, 2017 | 8:30am - 12:30pm
The London Economic Development Corporation are hosting a seminar session on the morning of November 2, 2017 in London to help you learn how to do business with the Government of Canada, Province of Ontario and the City of London.
October 16, 2017Apprenticeship Toolbox Launched
A web portal to assist employers when hiring an apprentice and to assist in guiding these apprentices through to completing their apprenticeship.
October 12, 2017Why London? IKEA boss opens up
IKEA will boost London retail sector, executive says. Article by: Norman De Bono, the London Free Press, October 12, 2017.
October 12, 2017IKEA Canada Announces Third Store on Expansion Journey in London, Ontario
Scheduled to open in fall 2019, IKEA London to be located at Highway 401 and Wellington Road.