Did You Know?
London’s higher education institutions, government offices, financial service firms, contact centres and many corporate offices make up a large component of our economic base. London enjoys a solid reputation in this sector for well-educated and experienced talent that appreciates the affordability, safety and a good work/life balance.
London’s financial sector breaks away from tradition with new technologies and innovative approaches to client services.
- Companies have tested a variety of new finance products in London including ABM Machines and Freedom 55 products
- There are a number of professional associations in London, including IABC London, HRPLD, Junior Chamber International, London Chamber of Commerce, and the London Executive Association
Education, Research & Development
- Ivey Business School offers an Honours in Business Administration (HBA) and a Masters in Business Administration (HBA) program, being the only case-based program in Canada. Employing over 300 cases a year, students use an action-oriented and dynamic approach that mirrors the challenges and complexities of real-world business
- Western Continuing Studies offers flexible, creative and innovative programs that are developed in collaboration with Western faculties, professional associations and corporate partners, to provide you with the tools you need to develop your career and enrich your life, whether you work full-time, part-time, in London or abroad
- Fanshawe College’s Corporate Training Solutions (CTS) specializes in industry-focused training solutions that equip employees with the knowledge, skills and expertise needed to succeed in their day-to-day work, to advance in their careers and to build organizational capacity
- The Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) drives the development of Ontario's economy by helping create new jobs, products, services, technologies, and businesses. OCE supports and invests in early-stage projects, where the probability total return on innovation are substantial. Their efforts are focused on sectors with the greatest potential to drive Ontario's prosperity, including advanced health technologies, information, communications technologies, and digital media
Referring to London as the “land of opportunity” for start-ups,
HRdownloads acknowledges that new companies are hard-pressed to find a more accommodating city with such a high level of skilled talent. The LEDC has helped the company get connected to London’s workforce, as well as raise their profile in larger markets through marketing support. Click here to view the full case study.
London has been incredibly good to us. It has a competitive cost structure advantage and a wonderful pool of talented people that make it a preferred location to operate a business.Dave Johnston, President and Chief Operating Officer, Canada, Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life
April 23, 2018 | 8:00AM - 5:00PM
This brand new event features expert speakers and panellists showcasing the economic trends, smart technology issues and disruptors; impacting business, consumers and real estate markets in southwestern Ontario and beyond.
April 30, 2018 | 3:15PM - 5:00PM
Join us for this session to learn how professional marketers use Facebook to measurably drive profits and meaningful results.
May 7, 2018 | 8:00AM - 5:00PM
The 2nd Industrial 4.0 Symposium is organized by WIN 4.0 (Western's Industry 4.0 Network), Western University, and provides a platform for researchers, engineers, educators, and students to exchange knowledge and opinions on the upcoming industry revolution.
April 13, 2018WestJet adds limited-edition summer roles
Today, WestJet announced two non-stop routes offering Canadian travellers even greater choices for connectivity and convenience this summer. Starting June 29, WestJet will begin service between London, Ontario and Vancouver and between Quebec City and Calgary.
April 03, 2018Ontario Helping Young People Find Jobs
Province supporting youth employment and small businesses with new hiring incentive.
April 03, 2018London Inc. Magazine April 2018 Issue
5 ways to succeed at job fairs (pg. 8), optimizing the fan experience (pg. 24), London's growing tech industry (pg. 30), and a clear vision at Provincial Glass & Mirror - read about all this and more in the April issue of London Inc. Magazine.