Did You Know?
London’s higher education institutions, government offices, financial service firms, contact centres and many corporate offices make up a large component of our economic base. London enjoys a solid reputation in this sector for well-educated and experienced talent that appreciates the affordability, safety and a good work/life balance.
London’s financial sector breaks away from tradition with new technologies and innovative approaches to client services.
- Companies have tested a variety of new finance products in London including ABM Machines and Freedom 55 products
- There are a number of professional associations in London, including IABC London, HRPLD, Junior Chamber International, London Chamber of Commerce, and the London Executive Association
Education, Research & Development
- Ivey Business School offers an Honours in Business Administration (HBA) and a Masters in Business Administration (HBA) program, being the only case-based program in Canada. Employing over 300 cases a year, students use an action-oriented and dynamic approach that mirrors the challenges and complexities of real-world business
- Western Continuing Studies offers flexible, creative and innovative programs that are developed in collaboration with Western faculties, professional associations and corporate partners, to provide you with the tools you need to develop your career and enrich your life, whether you work full-time, part-time, in London or abroad
- Fanshawe College’s Corporate Training Solutions (CTS) specializes in industry-focused training solutions that equip employees with the knowledge, skills and expertise needed to succeed in their day-to-day work, to advance in their careers and to build organizational capacity
- The Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) drives the development of Ontario's economy by helping create new jobs, products, services, technologies, and businesses. OCE supports and invests in early-stage projects, where the probability total return on innovation are substantial. Their efforts are focused on sectors with the greatest potential to drive Ontario's prosperity, including advanced health technologies, information, communications technologies, and digital media
Referring to London as the “land of opportunity” for start-ups,
HRdownloads acknowledges that new companies are hard-pressed to find a more accommodating city with such a high level of skilled talent. The LEDC has helped the company get connected to London’s workforce, as well as raise their profile in larger markets through marketing support. Click here to view the full case study.
London has been incredibility good to us. It has a competitive cost structure advantage and a wonderful pool of talented people that make it a preferred location to operate a business.Dave Johnston, President and Chief Operating Officer, Canada, Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life
December 04, 2017Libro London
This financial institution started small but has grown into a multi-billion dollar company. Video by: Celine Moreau, CTV London, December 4, 2017.
November 30, 2017Downtown call centre hiring 200
Bill Gosling Outsourcing is investing $2 million in its downtown office and adding 200 workers, it announced Thursday morning.
November 30, 2017Bill Gosling Outsourcing Announces Expansion & Hiring of 200 New Employees for 2018
Today, Bill Gosling Outsourcing announced the grand opening of its expansion at its London, Ontario offices. CEO David Rae was joined by Mayor Matt Brown to cut the ribbon on the $2 million investment for its offices located at Citi Plaza.