Did You Know?
London’s higher education institutions, government offices, financial service firms, contact centres and many corporate offices make up a large component of our economic base. London enjoys a solid reputation in this sector for well-educated and experienced talent that appreciates the affordability, safety and a good work/life balance.
London’s financial sector breaks away from tradition with new technologies and innovative approaches to client services.
- Companies have tested a variety of new finance products in London including ABM Machines and Freedom 55 products
- There are a number of professional associations in London, including IABC London, HRPLD, Junior Chamber International, London Chamber of Commerce, and the London Executive Association
Education, Research & Development
- Ivey Business School offers an Honours in Business Administration (HBA) and a Masters in Business Administration (HBA) program, being the only case-based program in Canada. Employing over 300 cases a year, students use an action-oriented and dynamic approach that mirrors the challenges and complexities of real-world business
- Western Continuing Studies offers flexible, creative and innovative programs that are developed in collaboration with Western faculties, professional associations and corporate partners, to provide you with the tools you need to develop your career and enrich your life, whether you work full-time, part-time, in London or abroad
- Fanshawe College’s Corporate Training Solutions (CTS) specializes in industry-focused training solutions that equip employees with the knowledge, skills and expertise needed to succeed in their day-to-day work, to advance in their careers and to build organizational capacity
- The Ontario Centres of Excellence (OCE) drives the development of Ontario's economy by helping create new jobs, products, services, technologies, and businesses. OCE supports and invests in early-stage projects, where the probability total return on innovation are substantial. Their efforts are focused on sectors with the greatest potential to drive Ontario's prosperity, including advanced health technologies, information, communications technologies, and digital media
Case StudyCase Study: HRdownloads
Referring to London as the “land of opportunity” for start-ups,
HRdownloads acknowledges that new companies are hard-pressed to find a more accommodating city with such a high level of skilled talent. The LEDC has helped the company get connected to London’s workforce, as well as raise their profile in larger markets through marketing support. Click here to view the full case study.
Testimonial: London Life
London has been incredibly good to us. It has a competitive cost structure advantage and a wonderful pool of talented people that make it a preferred location to operate a business.Dave Johnston, President and Chief Operating Officer, Canada, Great-West Life, London Life, Canada Life
September 9-14, 2018 & April 5-6, 2019
An exclusive learning experience for senior public sector leaders. Contact the LEDC to find out if you are eligible for a hometown discount.
September 10, 2018 | 4:00PM to 5:00PM
Working or Volunteering with Nonprofits and Social Enterprises? What is your social good goal? Discover a world of opportunities.
September 11, 2018 | 8:30AM - 3:30PM
In this Business Momentum workshop, you will learn how to harness your own skills to get media attention and use social media and the internet to your advantage.
August 08, 2018New festival offers Dundas Place preview
With all of its music and laughter and hustle and bustle, not to mention chaotic synergy, a street festival - especially one driven by business owners - brings a powerful infusion of life to a city. Article by: Andrea Cox, The London Free Press, August 7, 2018.
August 08, 2018London's Cross Cultural Learner Centre turns 50
The centre is celebrating its 50th anniversary this year, and spent much of the past year examining its roots and what it has accomplished over the last five decades. Article by: Shalu Mehta, The London Free Press, August 8, 2018.
August 02, 2018July Home Sales Reflect Robust Summer Season
July 2018 marked the third best July for home resales, since the Association began tracking sales data in 1978.