Global Talent Occupations List for Category B of the Global Talent Stream (as of July 2019)
July 08, 2019
The Employment and Social Development Canada (ESDC) Global Talent Stream supports innovative Canadian companies that need access to global talent with unique and specialized skills in order to scale-up and grow. There are two streams in this program:
- Category A: One of the Stream's designated partners must refer your company to this stream if you are hiring unique and specialized talent. The London Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is one of the only organizations in the region that can refer companies to this stream.
- Category B: You can access this stream without a referral. In order to be eligible, employers must be seeking to hire highly-skilled foreign workers to fill positions in occupations found on the Global Talent Occupations List, and must commit to increasing skills and training investments.
Effective July 2019, the Global Talent Occupations List has been updated to ensure it continues to reflect the Canadian labour market and the needs of innovative companies.
The following changes have been implemented:
- Computer network technicians (NOC 2281) have been added to the list;
- Engineering managers (NOC 0211), architecture and science managers (NOC 0212) have been removed from the list; and
- Wage floors have been updated. For occupations with wage floors, note that employers must offer the hourly wage rate at minimum. Annual wage floors are provided for illustrative purposes only.
Please note that submissions for occupations being removed from the list will be accepted by ESDC until August 4, 2019. Any submission received after this date under category B of the Global Talent Stream will not be processed.
Visit the ESDC website for more information about the program and to see the newly updated Occupations List.
June 18, 2018Tomorrow’s Workforce - the International Imperative
Discover two opportunities to onshore talent for your growing and innovative London and area company.