Did You Know?
London’s digital creative sector - with over 300 companies employing more than 9,000 people - has been built on innovative local start-up ventures finding a niche market and growing into successful Canadian and global players like Autodata Solutions, Info-Tech Research Group and Big Blue Bubble.
The arts have inherent value and make an enormous contribution to the quality of life and vibrancy of London. Artists and arts organizations offer arts programs for learners of all ages.
Technology companies in London specialize in interactive game development, manufacturing plant floor software, financial services, asset management, content management middleware and creative content.
- Infrastructure such as affordable downtown office space including many heritage buildings, fibre optic connectivity, certified data centre sites, and great entertainment venues are among the reasons why an increasing number of technology companies are choosing London
- Technology incubation and acceleration opportunities exist at the Western University Research Park and downtown London’s Hacker Studios, Innovation Works, Magnus Associates, Regus and UnLondon Digital Media Association
- London has 1,200 arts and culture businesses employing 7,700 workers with 6,000 students enrolled in arts and culture programming. Arts and culture makes a direct contribution of $540 million to the regional economy.
Education, Research & Development
- TechAlliance helps entrepreneurs with new technologies or fast-growing tech companies access resources and expertise through services such as business analysis, prototyping, market intelligence, and access to capital
- OIART is the first school of its kind in North America providing an education that prepares students for the audio industry
- The London Arts Council and the London Heritage Council have cultural related programming including mentorship, youth engagement, and arts education
- Western University has programs in Computer Science, including a minor in game development and Computer and Software Engineering
- Fanshawe College has programs in Information Technology such as programming and networking, as well as Contemporary Media including digital media, games, 3D animation and web development
- The new Centre for Digital and Performing Arts (CDPA) with Fanshawe College is a 50,000 square-foot facility, located in the heart of downtown London, is equipped with modern labs, classrooms, and collaborative learning spaces for 400 students and staff. The centre is home to a number of Fanshawe's creative programs, such as 3D Animation and Character Design, Interactive Media Design and Production, Technical Costume Studies, and Theatre Arts.
- For those who want hands-on experience in production as well as the theoretical background necessary to critically analyze media, Western offers an Information and Media Studies program that teaches students the fundamentals that they will need to pursue a successful career in a media-related field.
Case StudyCase Study: Bron Animation
Bron Studios Inc., a British Columbia film production company, opened a London office for its animation division in 2016. The new business helps diversify London's growing digital media sector that includes 300 tech businesses, with 40 in digital media. The London studio will help woo talent from across Ontario, as well as grow the industry locally. Click here to view the full case study.
London’s digital creative sector has grown in all aspects. The roles and programs have become more diverse and more specialized, and we have certainly benefited from that growth.Greg Perrier, President and CEO, Autodata Solutions
London Tech Jobs
Looking for jobs or talent in the tech sector in London? Look no further. Our London Tech Jobs page is dedicated to showcasing open job postings by the most innovative companies in this quickly growing sector.
September 20, 2018 | 5:00PM - 7:00PM
Join us for the next Business After Five at Zomaron, an award-winning fintech company providing payment processing solutions to thousands of businesses and registered charities across North America.
September 22, 2018
The Forest City ComiCon will return for its fifth-annual event next year when it comes back to the London Convention Centre on Saturday, September 22, 2018.
September 25, 2018 | 12:00PM - 1:00PM
Join this webinar to hear key findings and recommendations for women entrepreneurs, for government, and for financial institutions and learn about the value and importance of an inclusive innovation strategy.
September 18, 2018tbk Creative Named Top Web Design Provider in London
For 2019, tbk Creative has been named “Top Web Design Provider” in London, Ontario by Consumer Choice Award. tbk Creative has been the recipient of this award for four consecutive years – 2016, 2017, 2018 and 2019.
September 13, 2018Canadian Business and Maclean's Name Voices.com to 2018 Growth 500 for Fifth Consecutive Year
Canadian Business unveils 30th annual list of Canada's Fastest-Growing Companies.
September 04, 2018Factory Bucket Inc. Raises Investment from RH Accelerator Inc.
Factory Bucket has successfully raised investment from the RH Accelerator becoming the first firm of the newly launched program in downtown London.