Did You Know?
London’s digital creative sector - with over 300 companies employing more than 9,000 people - has been built on innovative local start-up ventures finding a niche market and growing into successful Canadian and global players like Autodata Solutions, Info-Tech Research Group and Big Blue Bubble.
The arts have inherent value and make an enormous contribution to the quality of life and vibrancy of London. Artists and arts organizations offer arts programs for learners of all ages.
MADE | NOUS
MADE | NOUS celebrates the works of Canadian creators in film, television, video games and digital entertainment, both here and around the world.
Technology companies in London specialize in interactive game development, manufacturing plant floor software, financial services, asset management, content management middleware and creative content.
- Infrastructure such as affordable downtown office space including many heritage buildings, fibre optic connectivity, certified data centre sites, and great entertainment venues are among the reasons why an increasing number of technology companies are choosing London
- Technology incubation and acceleration opportunities exist at the Western University Research Park and downtown London’s Innovation Works, WrkHub, Regus, and Springboard.
- London has 1,200 arts and culture businesses employing 7,700 workers with 6,000 students enrolled in arts and culture programming. Arts and culture makes a direct contribution of $540 million to the regional economy.
- From sell-out performances at one of our world-class venues, to hosting internationally-acclaimed awards shows, London is a music city. Take a look at this timeline to learn more about our music history:
Education, Research & Development
- Funding resources: Discover funding opportunities for your film or interactive digital media business
- TechAlliance helps entrepreneurs with new technologies or fast-growing tech companies access resources and expertise through services such as business analysis, prototyping, market intelligence, and access to capital
- OIART is the first school of its kind in North America providing an education that prepares students for the audio industry
- The London Arts Council and the London Heritage Council have cultural related programming including mentorship, youth engagement, and arts education
- Western University has programs in Computer Science, including a minor in game development and Computer and Software Engineering
- Fanshawe College has programs in Information Technology such as programming and networking, as well as Contemporary Media including digital media, games, 3D animation and web development
- The new Centre for Digital and Performing Arts (CDPA) with Fanshawe College is a 50,000 square-foot facility, located in the heart of downtown London, is equipped with modern labs, classrooms, and collaborative learning spaces for 400 students and staff. The centre is home to a number of Fanshawe's creative programs, such as 3D Animation and Character Design, Interactive Media Design and Production, Technical Costume Studies, and Theatre Arts.
- For those who want hands-on experience in production as well as the theoretical background necessary to critically analyze media, Western offers an Information and Media Studies program that teaches students the fundamentals that they will need to pursue a successful career in a media-related field.
Case StudyCase Study: Bron Animation
Bron Studios Inc., a British Columbia film production company, opened a London office for its animation division in 2016. The new business helps diversify London's growing digital media sector that includes 300 tech businesses, with 40 in digital media. The London studio will help woo talent from across Ontario, as well as grow the industry locally. Click here to view the full case study.
London’s digital creative sector has grown in all aspects. The roles and programs have become more diverse and more specialized, and we have certainly benefited from that growth.Greg Perrier, President and CEO, Autodata Solutions
London Tech Jobs
Looking for jobs or talent in the tech sector in London? Look no further. Our London Tech Jobs page is dedicated to showcasing open job postings by the most innovative companies in this quickly growing sector.
May 28 - June 8, 2019
The London Fringe returns for it's 20th annual live arts festival from May 28 - June 8, 2019. Immerse yourself in theatre, visual art, dance, music and all fringe has to offer.
Shake things up a bit and discover the why behind the “what do you do”. Put the HEART back into networking this month by building meaningful relationships with your fellow community members. To help build these relationships, this month's event will feature an interactive activity to help improve your networking experience! Stewart Liebert of Sandler Training London and James Smith of Consys Group Inc. will be facilitating a fun networking exercise to help with building connections. Because at the end of the day… You never know where one conversation may lead. You never know how one relationship might change everything. So grab your tickets today and come experience an entirely new way to network and bond with the London community! Location: Olive R. Twists – Attached to the Covent Garden Market. Light snacks will be provided and the full Olive R. Twists Menu and beverage selection will also be available for purchase! As always, a big thanks to our sponsors: Consys Group, Start.ca and Thinq Technologies for your support and making this event possible!
May 29, 2019 | 1:30PM - 7:30PM
Looking to scale-up your business and take it to the next level? Join us for DC519.
May 24, 2019Swoop's summer schedule is in full swing at London Internation
Starting today, travellers from Southwestern Ontario will now be able to fly non-stop from London International with daily service to Abbotsford (Vancouver) and Halifax.
May 21, 2019London Abused Women's Centre, Talbot Marketing and tbk Win International Web Awards
Last month, tbk and two of its clients: London Abused Women’s Centre (LAWC) and Talbot Marketing were awarded international web design awards at the Web Marketing Association’s 2019 Internet Advertising Competition (IAC Awards).
May 15, 2019tbk’s Molly Fund: A Fund to Contribute to the Veterinarian Bills of Staff & Community
tbk has announced tbk’s Molly Fund, a staff and community fund where tbk will pay for emergency veterinarian bills for staff members whose dogs and cats require emergency medical procedures.