In this workshop we will explore the characteristics of high-performing boards and how you can enhance the performance of your own board of directors. Through the use of facilitated discussions this workshop will cover some of the most critical issues in nonprofit governance including:
- Governance Models – the many shapes and sizes – what is yours?
- Board Structure:
- How big should your board be?
- What committees do you need? Standing committees and working committees
- Running Effective Meetings:
- Developing an agenda
- Meeting practices and formalities
- Taking Minutes
- Board and Executive Director Relationship
- Board roles and responsibilities
- Board documents and their purpose:
- Board policies
- Board Retreats: why and what For?