Join employers from across the SWO region to discuss best practices and challenges of recruiting and retaining newcomer & immigrant talent.
About this event
With a continuous decline in our net population growth and a mass exodus of baby boomers from the workforce, companies in our region are becoming more reliant in immigrant talent than every before.
As small to medium size communities, we are often competing for talent with bigger cities. And with the impacts of the pandemic and remote work, this competition has become even more fierce. How do we ensure that we retain the newcomer talent we recruit and that they don't migrate to the big cities?
Join employers from across the region for a roundtable discussion exploring:
- Your experiences recruiting and integrating newcomers & immigrants into the workplace;
- Challenges and barriers; and
- Successes and best practices
This peer-to-peer learning format provides a friendly, informal space to discuss your experiences, ask questions and learn from others across the region.
- June 30 10:30AM - 12:00PM | Topic: Refugees - What does it mean to be a refugee and how can we better recruit and retain them?
- September 29 10:30AM - 12:00PM | Topic: Interviewing Newcomers & Immigrants - Paint Points & Best Practices
- January 11 10:30AM - 12:00PM | Topic: To be determined!
- March 15 10:30AM - 12:00PM | Topic: To be determined!
Please note that these are virtual roundtable sessions and the Zoom link will be sent prior to the day of the event.
Funded by Immigration, Refugees and Citizenship Canada