Are you starting a new social enterprise? Embedding social purpose into an existing organization? Creating a sustainable financial model for your nonprofit? Give yourself the best chance of success by immersing yourself in the right environment.
Sponsored by Libro Credit Union, our Social Enterprise Incubator gives you the opportunity to learn from Pillar Nonprofit Network Social Enterprise staff and other social entrepreneurs as you develop a sustainable model for your social enterprise.
The Spring 2021 cohort is open for applications and will run from May 20 - August 5, 2021. Participants will join the Innovation Works community and work with a Pillar Social Enterprise Coach, with additional support from staff at Libro Credit Union and Pillar Nonprofit Network.
**Applications are due at 11:59 PM Monday, April 19, 2021**
- Ten weeks of social enterprise & business development workshops (Thursdays, 3-5 PM, from May 20 - August 5, with a break on June 24 and July 1)
- Bi-weekly 1-1 social enterprise coaching (week of May 17 - week of August2, with breaks the weeks of June 21 and 28)
- 12 months free access to Innovation Works
- 12 months free Pillar Nonprofit Network membership
- Access to online databases of legal documents, business plan templates & other social enterprise resources
- Connection with Pillar Nonprofit Network’s community of social enterprises and nonprofits at all stages of development
ELIGIBILITY & SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Open to nonprofit, co-operative & for-profit social enterprises
- Applicant has a social enterprise business idea they want to explore/grow
- Primary participant is in a position of leadership that holds decision-making for the social enterprise (e.g., founder, executive director, program manager for social enterprise); co-founders / team members are also welcome to participate
- Model uses earned revenue (selling products/services) to fund a significant part of operations
- Model has a strong emphasis on addressing a social and/or environmental problem that is currently “stuck”
- Applicants do NOT need to have existing revenue, but must have a goal of earning revenue during the 6 months
- You need to be located in Southwestern Ontario (about a 45 minute radius of London)
- Ten weeks of workshops: Thursdays, 3-5 PM, May 20 through August 5 (two week break on June 24 and July 1)
- Applications are due 11:59 PM, Monday, April 19, 2021
INVESTMENT VALUE OF THE PROGRAM: There is no fee to attend the incubator thanks to Libro Credit Union. The true value of this program if you were to pay for this yourself would be $3,500.00. It is important that if you sign up for this program that you are committed to attending and completing the incubator.
- 1 year Pillar membership
- 1 year of Innovation Work flex space
- 5 hours of 1-1 coaching
- Monthly networking / group coaching sessions
- Access to Clausehand legal documentation database
- 2 vouchers to attend free Learning & Development sessions*
- Up to $200 allowance to be used towards eligible expenses**
*Subject to availability, some restrictions may apply
**Expenses subject to approval by Pillar Nonprofit Network
Fill in the application form and tell us how being a part of the Social Enterprise Incubator would benefit you. The application may take up to an hour to complete.
Questions? Want to learn more? Not sure if you qualify? Reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org.