Manufacturing Matters is going Virtual on October 1, 2020!
About this Event
The London Economic Development Corporation in partnership with the London Region Manufacturing Council are pleased to present Manufacturing Matters.
Manufacturing Matters is a must attend, half day virtual conference for manufacturers and service providers. Delegates will learn valuable information from industry leaders, keynote speakers and peer-to-peer networking. The conference will deliver essential advice applicable to all manufacturers in the London region.
What: Manufacturing Matters Virtual Conference
When: Thursday, October 1, 2020 from 8:30am - 12:30pm
Where: Virtual - details to follow
Cost: This is a FREE event for manufacturers, but registration is required! Non-manufacturers are invited to attend for a nominal fee of only $50
Partner Opportunities are now available. Please contact:
Holly Doty, Event Manager, Connect Dot Management Inc.1.519.204.2499 or firstname.lastname@example.org
8:30 AM Welcome & Introductions
- Jason Bates (Emcee)
- Kapil Lakhotia, President & CEO, London Economic Development Corporation
- Mayor Ed Holder, City of London
8:45 AM Aspire Food Group - Feature Presentation
Presenter: Mohammed Ashour, Co-Founder and CEO of Aspire Food Group
9:05 AM Beyond the Curve: Creating a Psychologically Safe Workplace for Employees
Presenter: Kristy Cork, CRSP, Health and Safety Consultant (Workplace Mental Health), Workplace Safety & Prevention Services
9:30 AM Concurrent Webinar Sessions (Sessions are 45 minutes followed by 15 minutes of Q&A)
Leave, Layoffs and Terminations: Covid’s impact on Ontario’s workplaces
- Presented by Jennifer Costin (Labour & Employment Law Partner) & Liam Ledgerwood (Labour & Employment Law Associate)
Building Globally Competitive Advanced Manufacturing Capabilities
- Presented by Jenn MacLean, Collaboration Director, and Christy Michalak, Sr. Technology Manager, Next Generation Manufacturing Canada
Skills Building for the Future: Strategies for Preparing the Manufacturing Sector for a "New Normal" Fanshawe Corporate Training Solutions (CTS)
- Presented by: Candace Miller, EdD Senior Manager, Strategic Initiatives & Business Development Fanshawe College
Funding Opportunities for Southwestern Ontario Manufacturers
- Presented by Bernadeen McLeod, President and Founder, Mentor Works Ltd.
10:30 AM Break
10:40 AM Concurrent Webinar Sessions (Sessions are 45 minutes followed by 15 minutes of Q&A)
IT’LL NEVER HAPPEN TO US: Labour Guidance in the Age of COVID-19
- Presenters: Elizabeth Traynor (Labour & Employment Law Partner) & Chris Sinal (Labour & Employment Law Associate)
Solving your Challenges with your Competitors
1. Mike Baker – Executive Director, Bluewater Wood Alliance
2. Sepp Gmeiner – Lignum Consulting
3. Randy Dignard – Industrial Safety Trainers
4. Andrew Wall – Sander Training
5. Barry Reid – Leadership Management International
The Benefits of Newcomer Talent in the Workplace
- Join our panel of experts from PolyAnalytik, 3M Canada and Trudell Medical International
Practical Applications of Manufacturing 4.0 that work
- Presented by Dennis Cocco, 10in6 Inc.
11:40 AM Conclusion
This is how I can help.
Director, Marketing and Communications
- I can share your local business news & events
- Promote your tech or manufacturing jobs
- Collaborate with you on your industry event
- Help your business reach new audiences
- Provide communications support for your SME