In this webinar, we will discuss all you need to know about hiring and retaining international students in your workplace.
In 2021, there were 621,565 international students in Canada, with thousands more recent graduates on their Post-Graduate Work Permits. In 2021 it was also reported that 72.6% of international students desire to stay and settle in Canada after their studies (CBIE). Despite these numbers, international students and graduates remain a largely untapped market by employers across Canada.
In this webinar, we will discuss how you as employers can access this talent. We will discuss recent changes and trends in immigration, and be joined by a panel of experts who will speak about what you need to know about hiring and retaining international students in your workplace.
- Navjeet Singh - President of Student Representative Council at St. Clair College and member of the International Student Planning Committee
- Kristin Sauve - Store Manager, Walmart - Dougall Ave. in Windsor
- Sandra Pehilj - International Student Advisor at Western University
- More speakers to be announced
- 11:00 - 11:05am - Introduction
- 11:05 - 11:20am - Presentation on Changes and Trends in Immigration
- 11:20 - 11:55am - Panel Discussion
- 11:55 - 12:00pm - Conclusion
We are excited to see you there!
This webinar is brought to you through a collaboration of Local Immigration Partnerships (LIPs) of Southwestern Ontario and WILL Immploy – A project of WILL Employment Solutions.