This is your chance to bring your feature-film project to life. The most original and compelling film that can be 50% shot in London will be awarded $60,000+ in prizes.
Open to all Canadian Filmmakers with Feature Film Projects that are ready to go to camera in 2022/2023.
Pitch your film in 4 minutes and find out if you have what it takes to win $60K!
PITCH YOUR NARRATIVE FEATURE FILM!
HOW DOES IT WORK?
Each submission to Project Pitch is carefully reviewed by up to three members of the FCFF team. A shortlist of candidates will then be presented to a pre-selection committee of industry professionals to review, deliberate, and select this year’s participating teams. The winning project will be selected at the live event on October 23rd, 2022 by a jury of select industry experts. All finalists will be given a tour of London locations suitable for their film on the weekend of the event.
Registered competitors are given 4 minutes to pitch their film concept. This pitch must include a compelling overview of the film concept, a high-level outline of the team, budget and a shooting plan that will prove that the film is ready to go into production within the next 12 months, and that at least 50% of the film can be shot in London, Ontario. After the 4 minute pitch, the judges will have 5 minutes to ask questions of the pitch team.
THE 2022 FOREST CITY FEATURE FILM $60,000 PITCH
$30,000 Cash Grant from the FILM LONDON
$10,000 Equipment Grant from William F White International
$5,000 Downtown Dollars from Downtown London in the form of coupons to be spent at any business in downtown London
$5,000 towards scoring by Grey Owl Media
$2,500 Sound supervision and post-production playback sessions by OIART
$3,000 Marketing Booster by SageComm
$1,000 Work on Tax credits by Bizable Media
$1,000 PR plan by GAT consulting
And more prizes to be announced!
CRITERIA FOR SUBMISSIONS
* The production budget must be a minimum of $150,000
* The production must have a minimum of 30% of the budget in place
* The film must be ready to go to camera within 12 months of the pitch or the money is forfeited.
* The producer or director must have had one previous narrative film, either short or feature-length, officially selected by any midsized or large Canadian Film Festival.
* The producer or director must be a resident of Canada and a Canadian Citizen or Permanent Resident.
* A script outline must be submitted with the application.
ENTRY DEADLINE September 10 – APPLICATIONS OPEN June 15
IT IS FREE TO SUBMIT BUT ALL CHOSEN APPLICANTS WILL BE REQUIRED TO PAY A $100 ENTRY FEE PRIOR TO THEIR PITCH.
Limited space! The 6 -8 participants will be selected by September 30
This is a fascinating and entertaining event for filmmakers and film fans alike, so please join us in the audience for this unique event and enjoy witnessing pitches for what may become the next award-winning films!
Moderator and Judging Panel
HOW TO PARTICIPATE IN PROJECT PITCH
- Fill in an application form before September 10.
- Each submission will be carefully reviewed by up to three members of the FCFF team. A short list of 6-8 finalists will be chosen and contacted by September 30.
- The finalists have 5 days to choose whether to accept or reject. Those who accept will then pay a $100 registration fee.
- These finalists will be invited to the Project Pitch live event that will take place on Sunday, October 23 – 3:30 to 5:00 at RBC Place in London Ontario.
The FCFF Pitchfest is the live event in which the finalists will have a minimum of TWO MINUTES and a maximum of FOUR MINUTES to make their pitch to the panel of judges.
Following their presentation, the finalists will have the opportunity to answer questions about the pitch from the judges.
- The Winner will be announced at the FCFF Awards Celebration at the Wolf Performance Hall at 5:30 on closing night, October 23.