Are you hiring or looking for operations support over the fall months?
The Operations Management program at Fanshawe College is a one-year graduate certificate designed for university and college graduates looking for a career in operations management. More information about the program can be found in this brochure:
Students have learned how to:
- Develop supervisory skills
- Manage people by focusing on the global economy and looking at the planning and management of all operations involved in businesses of varying size and complexity
- Examine the business from all angles – from supply chain elements to quality assurance, purchasing to project planning
- Use information technology and innovation
- Recognize the importance of human relations and interpersonal
Right now, there are approximately 120 students from the Operations program ready, willing, and able to help local employers:
- 60 are recent graduates of the program
- 60 are current students entering into the Capstone Project portion of their program, where they apply everything they have learned at a workplace
If you’re currently hiring for full-time, entry-level positions in labour, production, operations, analyst, or related roles, the graduates are ready to join your team!
Not hiring but still need support to adjust to COVID-19? Consider taking on students currently in the Operations program.
Lisa Schwerzmann, Associate Dean of the Lawrence Kinlin School of Business says this is a way for the school to give back to the local organizations.
At this very challenging time for so many businesses in our community, we are thrilled to be able to provide this assistance and support. Our students are looking forward to sharing their knowledge and gaining from this “hands on” learning experience.
Here are more details:
- You can hire multiple students from the program
- The students need to complete a total of 100 hours between September-December
- These are unpaid, voluntary positions – it’s not considered an internship or co-op, but rather workplace experience that is part of the Capstone project and overall program
- Hours are flexible and can be agreed upon between the students and employer
- Students often have previous backgrounds in healthcare, food service, and other industries
To learn more or inquire about hiring graduates or current students, please contact:
Steven Levson, BA, MBA, CSCMP
Coordinator - Operations Management Graduate Certificate
Professor - Supply Chain and Operations Management Programs
Lawrence Kinlin School of Business
1001 Fanshawe College Blvd. London, ON N5Y 5R6
T: 519-452-4430 x2882