London companies are nimble and rising to the challenge, and the London Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is putting a spotlight on some of the many success stories arising out of COVID-19.
In the face of these unprecedented times, we’re seeing many businesses shifting gears to support COVID relief efforts. From pivoting production to manufacturing or donating essential products, London companies are helping to #CombatCOVID.
With efforts like these on all fronts – from all levels of government, support organizations, businesses, and the community – London will remain resilient through this challenging time.
Thank you to many companies and individuals that have stepped up to help wherever they can. How can you help? Share these stories widely or support these local businesses in any way that you can.
If you're looking for further COVID-19-related support, please visit our London Business COVID-19 Portal.
Safety at the ForefrontThe Nuts for Cheese team working safely, producing vegan cheese in their London facility.
As many businesses continue to operate or look to re-open during COVID-19, employee safety remains top of mind for employers. How can I keep my employees safe? What will the ‘new normal’ look like when businesses are back to work?
While these answers may vary depending on the industry, many employers are already implementing permanent health and safety measures like physical distancing personal protective equipment, and temperature checks.
There has also been a surge of employers accessing thermal fogging and disinfecting services in London to ensure workplaces are safe for their workers. Did you know there are several local companies that can assist? Take a look at some of them below:
- Food Safety Alliance supplies antimicrobial chemicals and antiviral disinfectants, and offers disinfecting and sanitizing services
- All Clear Disinfecting uses technologies to identify, eliminate, and prevent contamination
- EnviroNize has all-natural, non-toxic solutions that control a broad spectrum of bacteria, virus, fungi and molds
- Cadillac Industrial Cleaning offers effective industrial, building, duct and machine cleaning services
- Disinfect & Fog specializes in commercial and residential disinfecting through innovative technical fogging solutions
- Diversey makes disinfectant products
- Spark Power has a supply of Thermographic Personnel Screening Solution units to ensure your facilities have a healthy and protected environment
- Go Fog It uses a safe and environmentally friendly 99.99% botanical disinfectant
- FirstOnSite is offering COVID-19 re-occupancy services for commercial office space
- Paul Davis is a full service residential and commercial emergency cleanup and restoration for disasters of all sizes
- Swish Maintenance is a leading distributor of sanitation product solutions, equipment and service, with a variety of Health Canada approved disinfectants, masks, gloves, and hand sanitizer in stock
When distancing employees is a concern, companies like Proax Technologies and Stevens E3 have stepped up to manufacture plexi-glass barriers and walls for worker protection in the service industry, while International Name Plate Supplies Ltd. (INPS) are manufacturing masks for local companies. Decals on the floors of grocery stores, plastic shields protecting workers and stickers and signs warning us to be healthy have all been made in London by M&T Printing.
There are several aspects of health and safety to consider for your employees beyond physical measures, including mental health supports, informational and ‘how to’ posters about COVID-19, specific occupational health and safety guidelines, and emergency specific information. Workplace Safety and Prevention Services (WSPS) and LEDC have gathered a number of these resources on our London Business COVID-19 portal, around the following topics:
- What steps you can take right now to keep your employees / workplace safe
- What to do if an employee is diagnosed with COVID-19
- What the ‘new normal’ of health and safety at a workplace may look like and how you can implement preventative measures upon returning to work
You can get in-depth details about post-pandemic health and safety insights by reading WSPS’s Post-Pandemic Business Playbook. Additionally, you can learn about legal considerations around health and safety from a legal perspective in this LeClair & Associates COVID-19 Playbook.
These local resources can help employers make informed decisions on keeping your employees and workplaces safe.
London is Stepping Up
Does your business want to get involved? Have an innovative idea? Let’s generate solutions together. Contact us today using the form at the bottom of this article.