Digital Creative 519
May 10, 2019
You’re invited to a new LEDC event: Digital Creative 519.
Join us for DC519 to learn best practices around product and service development, internationalization, and selling your tech business. Stick around after DC519 for Deloitte’s Technology, Media and Telecommunications Predictions.Who should attend?
- Founders / executives
- Operation / business development
- Executive design teams
1:30pm - DC519 Welcome & Opening Remarks
1:45pm - The Journey and Learnings from a Security Start-up – Nakina Systems to successful acquisition by Nokia
Mary O’Neil, Vice President, Nokia
Rob Dickson, Nokia Software Pricing Specialist
- Speaker Bio: Mary is responsible for Nokia Software Security product offerings. Mary is responsible for determining product strategy and execution. Under Mary’s leadership we are delivering best in class security software solutions for critical networks. Mary joined Nokia in 2016 via the Nokia security acquisition of Nakina Systems where she was CEO. Mary held numerous positions in Nakina prior to becoming CEO including VP Sales and Bus Dev, VP Marketing and VP of PLM. Prior to Nakina – Mary was VP of Optera Metro including both optical systems and network management at Nortel including responsibility for business and R&D. Mary is also an experienced BOD member having served on both business and charitable boards.
- Speaker Bio: Rob is responsible for software pricing for the Nokia Software (NSW) portfolio, for major Canadian accounts. Prior to this role, Rob was a co-founder of Nakina Systems, and held roles in product management, pre-sales, and partner management (including running Nakina’s global partnerships with Nokia and Alcatel Lucent). Before Nakina, Rob held a range of roles at Nortel Networks, and other companies in the transportation and financial services sectors. Rob is a proud native of London, graduating with a BSc (Hons) in Computer Science from Western University.
2:15pm - How to Internationalize your Product or Service and Scale Globally
Lori Casselman, President and Chief Operations Officer, TribalScale
- Speaker Bio: Lori leads the company’s revenue growth and international expansion, driving the strategy and operational effectiveness to drive the company into the future. Before TribalScale, Lori served as League Inc.’s Chief Health Officer, bringing industry expertise to support strategy, growth, and product development in one of the world’s leading fintech innovators.
2:45pm – Networking
3:10pm – Design Systems: Product Design at Scale
Jonathan Kochis, UX Research + Product Design, Res.im
Jon Rundle, Senior Product Designer, Envoy
- What you will learn: Jon and Jonathan will explain what a design system is, how design systems save time and money, how to get started, and how to ensure your design system is successful as it matures.
- Speaker Bio: Jon Rundle is an experienced product designer with a focus on mobile UX, interface design, and product strategy.
- Speaker Bio: Jonathan is an NNG-certified UX researcher and product designer with over 10 years of experience in product development both as an individual designer and researcher and as a team lead.
3:50pm – 4:20pm – Building and Scaling Product Teams
Patrick Gregory, Director of Product, Mobials Inc.
- What you will learn: how to apply product management principles used by successful companies like Netflix, AirBNB and Spotify. Increase organizational bandwidth and set your company up to scale by utilizing cross-functional teams. Ways to break down silos between departments and shorten feedback loops to encourage closer collaboration at all levels.
- Speaker Bio: Patrick has spent the last five years discovering and delivering successful products for startups and large enterprises in the automotive, broadcasting and financial services industries.
4:30pm – Networking
5:00pm – Deloitte’s Technology, Media and Telecommunications Predictions
Duncan Stewart, Director of TMT Research, Deloitte Canada
- Whether you are self-employed or working for an organization, your work consistently interacts with technology, media and telecommunications. From mobile to retail, Deloitte's TMT Predictions prepare you well with the influential trends for the next 12 months.
6:30pm – Networking