Fanshawe's Centre for Research and Innovation's CARIB industry laboratory - which is a leader in supporting innovation in the agri-food/agri-tech sector - is an essential service. For the last months, their leading scientific expertise has responded at this critical time by conducting groundbreaking COVID-19 treatment research that is showing exciting promise.
Now Fanshawe is ready and open to new projects to help with Food Innovation.
Fanshawe is one of the few college research labs open to projects to help the food industry emerge with strength during the COVID-19 pandemic. They are ready and able to take on new projects, applying our leading-edge expertise and facilities to support businesses and the Ontario economy.
1) proof-of-concept product development
2) product testing
Lab & Analytical Services
- bioextraction of plant materials
- batch and continuous fermentations
- analysis of proteins, fats and carbohydrates - analysis of minerals (iron, calcium, etc.)
- nutritional labeling, shelf-life testing
- cannabis testing and R&D
FUNDING PROGRAMS AVAILABLE
Innovation Enhancement (NSERC)
Areas of Focus:
- agri-food (food processing, food testing)
- bio-waste (product extraction)
- plant and soil health
Areas of Focus:
- advanced manufacturing-related research specifically focused on agriculture and agri-food
- proof-of-concept manufacturing design & build, in a wide variety of industry sectors
- business plans and exporting plans for manufacturing-based companies
For more information and to get connected to Fanshawe’s research expertise, contact:
Andrew Kaszowski, Industry Outreach & Communication Coordinator
519-452-4430 x4586 or firstname.lastname@example.org