Take your Talents to the Next Level
March 15, 2018
Event season is in full-swing in London, Ontario - how are you getting involved? From industry meetups to networking, large-scale conferences and hands-on workshops, there are many ways to get connected, grow your talents, and learn something new.
Recently, the London Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) partnered with local post-secondary institutions to address employment needs through talent development training. With access to talent being a large constraint for employers in London, building internal capacity remains a top solution in addressing this challenge.
LEDC and Fanshawe College’s Corporate Training Solutions are collaborating in their ongoing series, called Business Momentum, has been running since 2016 and provides human resource and communications best practices for small and medium-sized enterprises that may not have full capacities in-house. These workshops provide practical, ready-to-use skills and are free to attend.
Take a look at some of the upcoming programs and workshops:
February 28 from 8:30am - 3:30pm : Digital Marketing #1: Your Online Powerhouse: Digital marketing is the highest growth area in business and one of the leading ways that businesses and organizations are transforming. This workshop will highlight the main components required to succeed in the digital marketing world.This event has passed. March 27 from 8:30am - 3:30pm: Digital Marketing #2: Now Let’s Get Customers: Setting up digital platforms is just the beginning. Now it’s time to drive people and customers to those platforms through content marketing and paid advertising. This event has passed.
- May 8 from 8:30am - 3:30pm: Online-Focused Recruitment Strategies: This workshop will include how to target quality candidates through online tools and advertising while using your organization’s brand identity to attract the right candidates.
Nicole Borland, Executive Director at LondonFuse.ca, shared her experience attending a Business Momentum workshop last year on Performance Management:
As someone who is very new in a role where something like performance management is a required responsibility, I felt more aware and better equipped in my own approach to this topic due to my experience at this workshop. Through role-playing, lecture-based, and thoroughly in-depth teaching styles, I'm confident each participant left knowing much more than they did going in."
Another partnership between the LEDC and Ivey Executive Education includes programming and a series of events to develop leadership skills for C-Suite (mid-level managers and executives) employees. If you or someone you know is interested in attending any of the following programs, contact the LEDC to find out if you are eligible for a hometown discount:
March 7-9: Marketing: Understanding Your Customer: A program that delivers a practical, hands-on approach to building stronger customer-focused strategies that will give you a sustainable competitive advantage.
- April 20-22: Finance for Non-Financial Professionals: This session will give you the grounding you need to manage cash flows, make good financial decisions, and discuss statements with your finance and accounting colleagues.
- April 23 - May 4 & June 4 - June 8: Ivey Executive Program: As a seasoned executive, you want to increase your capacity to think strategically and to enhance your leadership capabilities. This program links leading-edge concepts with hands-on best practices, along with opportunities for personal coaching from faculty and peer networks.
- April 23-27: Ivey Leadership Program: Building on your experience and analysis of your personal leadership style, this program will help you develop your leadership potential.
- & many more!
By enhancing career enrichment and skills-building opportunities for employees, these industry-tailored solutions are expected to better engage and invest in London’s talented and experienced workforce.
Event Season is in Full Swing
Here’s a snapshot of what’s happening in the business community:
- April 10 from 2:00pm - 7:00pm: London & Area Works Job Fair
- April 24 from 7:30am - 11:00am: 2018 Summit
- May 9 from 4:30pm - 6:30pm: Deloitte’s TMT Predictions
For a full list of business-related events, take a look at our events page.
Get industry-focused events, hands-on skill building workshops, and networking opportunities sent straight to your inbox. Contact us to get on our mailing list.
We also send out a newsletter on a quarterly basis, featuring the latest in business news and upcoming events: https://www.ledc.com/newsletters.