Did You Know?
London, Canada is a city for entrepreneurs, with a strong support network led by leaders from small business, economic development, and the entrepreneur community across London and Southwestern Ontario.
London iNC. helps high growth entrepeneurs to raise and find funding, hire and develop talent, expand their markets, and locate business development opportunities.
London Biz Grid
The London Biz Grid is your guide to the London Ontario Business Support Network. We've identified organizations in the London Ontario Business Support Network that offer services to fit your situation. Use the columns to narrow your options and find the supporting organization(s) that best serve your needs.
Results Based Programs
- Development & Training: Business workshops and training in areas such as talent, development, marketing, business planning, and strategy
- Mentorship: The London Mentor Network is a structured program to match qualified companies with experienced mentors to advise entrepreneurs on achieving success.
- Funding: We have partnered with Southwestern Ontario Angel Group (SWOAG) to access their membership of qualified investors in the London region. Find sources of funding for your growing business.
- Space & Incubation: Starting your own business, or expanding to a larger facility? From small commercial kitchens, hot desks and co-working space, to downtown offices or industrial buildings, our team can help you locate the right space for scaling up your business.
- BizPal: Helps you find the permits and licences you may require when starting or operating your business.
London INC on Instagram
London's got game! London, Ontario's gaming cluster stands apart as a city with a growing number of companies that support each other and encourage entrepreneurship. Companies like @bigbluebubble, @bivvikinggames, @tinytitanstudios, and Digital Extremes are leading the way in the video game industry right here from London
Entrepreneurship Support Network
- Junior Achievement London and District are inspiring students and preparing them to succeed in a global economy.
- LEAP Junction is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Fanshawe College, helping students take the leap into entrepreneurship.
- The London Economic Development Corporation (LEDC) is striving for development in London through attracting, retaining, and promoting businesses.
- Pillar Nonprofit Network is strengthening the impact of the nonprofit sector by connecting nonprofit, business and government organizations.
- Propel Entrepreneurship is part of the campus-linked accelerator (CLA) program at Western University, providing co-working space, funding, mentorship and training programs for startups at all stages of growth.
- From creating your business plan to opening your doors and staying open, Service London Business helps to provide you with valuable information, resources and requirements that are specific to your business. Whether you're looking to start a new business or renew existing permits and licences, use the BizPal online process to find everything you need.
- From concept, through start-up and early growth stages of business, the Small Business Centre is a one-stop source for information, guidance, and professional advice on starting and running a successful business.
- Southwestern Ontario Angel Group (SWOAG) facilitates the introduction of entrepreneurs to potential investors.
- TechAlliance is helping entrepreneurs start and grow their tech-based businesses through connecting them to valuable expertise, seed funding, educational programs, industry-specific events, and a comprehensive membership program.
Case StudyCase Study: Diply
It is ranked as one of the fastest growing websites in the world, boasts over 100 million unique visitors a month, and has over 25 million social media followers. Diply.com and its parent company GoViral embody the unprecedented growth of London’s digital creative sector and strong entrepreneurial culture. Click here to view the full case study.
Testimonial: Toboggan Brewing Company
If you really want to be an entrepreneur, costs are lower in comparison to other cities and this city offers a great lifestyle that has everything you need. - Mike Smith, Owner, Toboggan Brewing Company
October 17, 2017 | 8:30am - 4:00pm
This workshop will help you improve your ability to generate excellent content to attract target customers, understand what impact your marketing activities are having on your business and optimize your digital marketing strategy for maximum effectiveness and growth.
October 17, 2017 | 9:00am - 12:00pm
Thinking about opening a restaurant, bakery, café, wholesale, nightclub, or similar business? The Small Business Centre and Service London Business have teamed up to help you navigate the interdepartmental permit and legislation requirements for various food related businesses.
October 17, 2017 | 1:30pm - 3:00pm
This workshop is geared towards entrepreneurs looking to improve not only their own lives but also the performance and results of the organizations they serve.
October 16, 20177 Important Resources for Local Entrepreneurs in London, ON
Once you have that brilliant business idea, where do you go from there? These are some questions most people venturing into the entrepreneurial world have asked themselves. Lucky for them, London is bursting with opportunities for support, advice, coaching, planning, networking, and more.
October 06, 2017The Urban Farm Is Getting Past Its Growing Pains
The Urban Farm has plans beyond the dinner table once it finds a new home. Article by: Gerad Creces, LondonFUSE, October 5, 2017.
October 03, 2017Towards London
For everyone curious about what’s next in technology, science, humanities, art, and entrepreneurship, there is Towards London, a dynamic new podcast that highlights the accomplishments of the brightest professionals at the forefronts of their fields.